Airing Down E rated tires

KernHydro

How much should I be airing down on nitto 35 x 12.50 r 17 w/ beadlocks and on a JKU? What would be too low?

Last edited:

mackey

I have BFG KM2s with beadlocks and normally air down to about 7 psi. I've never had a problem. Hope this helps. :eek:)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much should I be airing down on nitto 35 x 12.50 r 17 w/ beadlocks and on a JKU? What would be too low?

honestly, i've run my toyo's at zero for about 40-50 miles before realizing it. i mean, i knew i was aired down but, not that aired down - it really looked like it still had at least 10 psi in them. for harder trails, i typically go down to about 6-8 psi and on our videos, people always nag me about how we don't air down enough. on easy trails, ones that i just want to soften up, i run about 15 psi.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ran Nitto mud grapplers in a 35/12.50/18 e range tires on spyderlocks. I was at about 10psi in rock gardens to get the sidewalks to flex. Even then they didn't flex like my MTR Kevlars do at 15psi, but the Kevlars suck in the road and I actually prefer my old mud grapplers. I loved those tires.

KernHydro

A few people I have talked to mentioned that they think d rated perform better than E.. I assume because they would flex easier. Any thoughts on e vs d. I think the E would maintain clearance better and flex on tire/s where the traction is needed most because the weight being put on them.

Top Bottom