Disco issues

Rockdude

I have a 2012 Jk. Got off the trail today in Moab and went to reconnect the stock electronic disconnects on the rubicons. The sway bar light just flashes and the sway bar stays disconnected. Happens in 4 wheel drive low, 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive. Press button again and away bar light stays on like it should when disconnected. Tried washing out the area did not change anything. Anyone have an issue similar to this or know what happened? Would rather have it stuck disconnected than connected but might be a long drive home if can't fix out here.

Zstairlessone

I have a 2012 Jk. Got off the trail today in Moab and went to reconnect the stock electronic disconnects on the rubicons. The sway bar light just flashes and the sway bar stays disconnected. Happens in 4 wheel drive low, 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive. Press button again and away bar light stays on like it should when disconnected. Tried washing out the area did not change anything. Anyone have an issue similar to this or know what happened? Would rather have it stuck disconnected than connected but might be a long drive home if can't fix out here.

Haven't seen it, but that would suck for the ride home. Hope someone here can help

Jkjamesdawson

Buy the EVO manual swaybar disconnect and be done with that factory POS. It's about $90, cheaper than diagnosing the problem at the dealer. Everyone I know who has a rubi with the electric disco has had it fail, as has mine.

pastorwug

Buy the EVO manual swaybar disconnect and be done with that factory POS. It's about $90, cheaper than diagnosing the problem at the dealer. Everyone I know who has a rubi with the electric disco has had it fail, as has mine.

That's interesting, nearly everyone I know with the electric Disconnect runs fine, including mine.
Perhaps I don't know as many people as you.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
try disconnecting your battery for a 10 minutes or so. see if that resets it. and the evo no limits is awesome. i removed my working motor and installed it, now i don't have to remember to press the button anymore:)

jeeeep

Hooked
have someone in the vehicle with it running foot on the brake, stand in front and you should be able to see it engage/disengage, I've helped one to it's full up position so it would lock after it got stuck, check the sway bar links to make sure they didn't extend to far and caused it to not allow the sway bar to move freely - be sure to leave it in park, set the brake / chock tires for safety...

you may have to disconnect the sway bar links to push the sway bar up, then reconnect the links

and not everyone I know has the electronic sway bar fail - -mine's been fine going on 3+ years now as well as many others I know..

Rockdude

Thanks for all the help and info. I will give some of the ideas a try and see what happens. At least for the week it's disengaged.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got to state the obvious but be sure to be on level ground. I was having trouble once so I rolled the jeep maybe 3mph and slammed the brakes and latched back locked back up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Are you sure that you are in fact disconnected? The default position is "connected" and that's what it should be when the light is flashing. If you ran a trail like Kane Creek, there is a chance that you got water in the wiring harness plug. I would detach it, blow it out, let it dry, reconnect it and then give it another try. Washing the motor is NOT a good idea.

MICP3309

Are you sure that you are in fact disconnected? The default position is "connected" and that's what it should be when the light is flashing. If you ran a trail like Kane Creek, there is a chance that you got water in the wiring harness plug. I would detach it, blow it out, let it dry, reconnect it and then give it another try. Washing the motor is NOT a good idea.

Hey Eddie, (and the rest of you guys) any thoughts if I was at a trip last weekend, and 1 week later my light now just started flashing. I am "connected" but the light flashes and will not disconnect. I have unplugged it, cleaned the unit with air, and no joy. Just seeing if there's anything else I can try to fix this. I will now be adding the EVO manual disco to my 2013 Rubicon. Just concerned about driving this while the light flashes, and well pissed its "broken" after 1.5 years of light wheeling. Thanks in advance!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey Eddie, (and the rest of you guys) any thoughts if I was at a trip last weekend, and 1 week later my light now just started flashing. I am "connected" but the light flashes and will not disconnect. I have unplugged it, cleaned the unit with air, and no joy. Just seeing if there's anything else I can try to fix this. I will now be adding the EVO manual disco to my 2013 Rubicon. Just concerned about driving this while the light flashes, and well pissed its "broken" after 1.5 years of light wheeling. Thanks in advance!

Do you still have your bumper to bumper warranty? Might be covered.

Top Bottom