Rock krawler track bar bracket break

seanb123

Not saying anything against rock krawler I do love my lift I am just warning people that I have had their lift for just over 2 years and it seams now the track bar bracket has cracked. It started with a what felt like a loose bolt when turning with extra body roll but after searching around the rear I found this. Rock krawler is working with me to replace it with no problems so far even while they are in Moab so I give them points for that ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397509204.293088.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397509214.440502.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would upgrade to the evo bracket. Or any bracket that uses c clamps for extra support.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would upgrade to the evo bracket. Or any bracket that uses c clamps for extra support.

I'd have to agree. Your bracket broke because of it's poor design. Without the extra reinforcement, it'll see a lot of leveraging especially if you've got your axle pushed back and pinion rotated. In other words, it'll just break again in time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Considering rock krawlers abuse proof warranty. I'm gonna take the free route and replace and keep an eye on it

Seems to me that the best abuse proof warranty is the one that you never have to use. But hey, that's just me.

seanb123

Seems to me that the best abuse proof warranty is the one that you never have to use. But hey, that's just me.

You are correct but I've already paid the money. Why throw more money at it if I'm going to get a free replacement. Sure maybe if I knew it would do this I might have reconsidered from the start. But I didn't so ill just see what happens with a replacement.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are correct but I've already paid the money. Why throw more money at it if I'm going to get a free replacement. Sure maybe if I knew it would do this I might have reconsidered from the start. But I didn't so ill just see what happens with a replacement.

I understand where you're coming from and really, my comment wasn't really directed toward you. I just get annoyed when companies go off telling people about how great their warranties are when really, I'd rather have confidence in knowing that they've just made a superior product that won't need to be warrantied.

Yamaha90

This is the first i have heard of a RK trackbar mount break. Not saying it hasn't happened before, but this is the first i have seen in 6 years. I'm sure they'll treat you right and get you taken care of.

CaliCrusher

"Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."
-Tommy Boy Callahan

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This is the first i have heard of a RK trackbar mount break. Not saying it hasn't happened before, but this is the first i have seen in 6 years. I'm sure they'll treat you right and get you taken care of.

Still wheeling in Ohio I suppose?? Welcome back..

Napalm90

I have the same bracket... Now I feel like cutting it off after reading all these posts...

Sent via carrier pigeon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was saying that having it welded to the axle, like RK recommends, could have prevented the crack from happening.

Right, and I'm questioning why it's just a "recommendation" and not a "requirement" if failure to weld it on WILL cause it to break.

seanb123

Right, and I'm questioning why it's just a "recommendation" and not a "requirement" if failure to weld it on WILL cause it to break.

More than likely in the name of sales they would like a kit that needs no welding. That would scare away a lot of buyers they either hoped it would hold up or just didn't know of the issue

upnover

Looks like they changed their online description to say that welding is required now.

IMO there are better rear track bar brackets that I would look too...

Top Bottom