Coast drive shaft install

Hey guys I installed my coast front shaft tonight but think I may have missed a step!

Is this O ring needed on the new tcase yoke? Didn't notice it until after I was done! Not a big deal to pull the shaft and install it though

Thanks

uje8e9eh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkjon

I didn't notice it until after I was done as well. I just used some RTV on the splines before installing the yoke.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't notice it until after I was done as well. I just used some RTV on the splines before installing the yoke.

What he said ^^^ There is no need to reuse the o-ring, just apply some RTV to the base of the output shaft nut.

So do I need to pull the shaft and everything and rtv it? Or just rock it if it isn't leaking and keep an eye on it? Gonna be a bitch to get the yoke off with red lock tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkjon

My rear coast shaft started leaking through the splines straight away without RTV. (started slinging all over my gas tank skid) I'm guessing its fine if it isn't leaking but I would keep an eye on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll probably be okay. I would just leave well enough alone unless it starts to leak but, being that it's your front shaft, I doubt that it will.

Top Bottom