How long can I go?

Jay_r24

I have a great opportunity to get my 35's for a heck of a price. I was wondering how long is it safe to go without the C Gussets without compromising anything!! Thanks guys!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

I have a great opportunity to get my 35's for a heck of a price. I was wondering how long is it safe to go without the C Gussets without compromising anything!! Thanks guys!

I don't think it is a matter time. More like what bumps you hit or how hard you bottom out. Use the money saved on the tires and get the gussets.

jeeeep

Hooked

depends on the type of wheeling you do and how hard you are on the throttle when wheeling - are you a pedal to the metal trail masher or more of a pick a good line driver?

Daily driver you should be fine if you don't drive like a maniac and try to hit every bump and hole in the road - that can ruin any suspension.

I ran for 2+ years before I finally got my C's on. Had them for about a year - just didn't install them.

Several wheeling trips and lots of daily driving - I don't rock crawl per se so that's also a factor....

Like anything else, once you make a change to the suspension/performance, sometimes you also need to change your driving habits...

just be sure to have the proper backspace, adjust your shift points and gear to tire ratio with some sort of tuner - I use a Flashpaq

NV375

depends on the type of wheeling you do and how hard you are on the throttle when wheeling - are you a pedal to the metal trail masher or more of a pick a good line driver?

Daily driver you should be fine if you don't drive like a maniac and try to hit every bump and hole in the road - that can ruin any suspension.

I ran for 2+ years before I finally got my C's on. Had them for about a year - just didn't install them.

Several wheeling trips and lots of daily driving - I don't rock crawl per se so that's also a factor....

Like anything else, once you make a change to the suspension/performance, sometimes you also need to change your driving habits...

just be sure to have the proper backspace, adjust your shift points and gear to tire ratio with some sort of tuner - I use a Flashpaq

Said so much better than I did.

Jay_r24

Said so much better than I did.

Thank you sir, I'm just trying to hold off for a while because I didn't have any money saved up for new tires but my neighbor took his 35" Nitto's off his JKU and is willing to sell me all 5 for $700 they are less than 2 months old!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

All depends on the terrain you drive on. If you live in an area with really bad roads, that alone can bend your C's. If you're roads are good, you can make it last a long time. Off road, speed and hitting ruts will bend them more than playing on the rocks.

Jay_r24

All depends on the terrain you drive on. If you live in an area with really bad roads, that alone can bend your C's. If you're roads are good, you can make it last a long time. Off road, speed and hitting ruts will bend them more than playing on the rocks.

Thanks Eddie, we do have some pretty bad roads but for the majority they are all pretty good. Except that 91 freeway 😡

Top Bottom