Fiberglass JK Hoods

jk12blk

Is anyone running the Genright or RK Sport fiberglass hood? Any downside to running a fiberglass hood or having the air scoop face forward? I'm not experiencing overheating issues - just think they look cool and any weight savings I figure is a plus. There is not much in the way of customer reviews online, so any feedback is appreciated. thanks.

jk12blk

Here's one thread on the RK: http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/new-jk-ram-air-hood-just-ordered-266648/

Do a google search for 'jk rk hood review' and you'll find lots of info.

I'm probably going to do the Poison Spyder hood vent.

Gracias SuicideKing. I had not read that particular thread on the RK hood, but I did find a few other threads on the RK, but nothing on the GR hood (maybe that should tell me something). I'll search using your criteria. I'm ultimately leaning towards the Poison Spyder hood vent too, but for $580 (best deal I could find), that is not a bad deal for the RK fiberglass hood compared to the other options (AEV, 10a, Rugged Ridge).

Rccrwlr

Here's one thread on the RK: I just added a link to a forum that I shouldn't have

Do a google search for 'jk rk hood review' and you'll find lots of info.

I'm probably going to do the Poison Spyder hood vent.

Fixed it for ya

--rccrwlr

BadApple

I found the 10a hood at the dealer for 560 unpainted and 40 per vent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

suicideking

Gracias SuicideKing. I had not read that particular thread on the RK hood, but I did find a few other threads on the RK, but nothing on the GR hood (maybe that should tell me something). I'll search using your criteria. I'm ultimately leaning towards the Poison Spyder hood vent too, but for $580 (best deal I could find), that is not a bad deal for the RK fiberglass hood compared to the other options (AEV, 10a, Rugged Ridge).

$580 does seem like a good deal.

I got a rough estimate to have the PSC vent installed -- was around $450 or so for everything. I'm not going to cut my hood, I'm sure I would butcher it. :D

I really like the AEV hood, too bad it's steel. I'd buy that one if it was fiber.

Fixed it for ya

--rccrwlr

Nothing fixed really. A mod recently told me it is ok to link to jk-forum. This is after he deleted a link, pm'd me, then pm'd again saying it is ok to do.

I found the 10a hood at the dealer for 560 unpainted and 40 per vent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

That also seems like a really good deal.

Top Bottom