Synergy Coilover Conversion

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any reason why you're considering it instead of the EVO bolt on coil over kit? The EVO kit does NOT require relocating the muffler and does NOT require the removal of the stock anti-sway bar or installation of a Currie Anti-Rock in order to make it work the way the kit you're looking at does. Also, the EVO kit has the most vertical mounting position for the rear coil overs second only to the EVO lever system. This allow for greater protection from rocks and a more proper falling rate.

HDGasser

Any reason why you're considering it instead of the EVO bolt on coil over kit? The EVO kit does NOT require relocating the muffler and does NOT require the removal of the stock anti-sway bar or installation of a Currie Anti-Rock in order to make it work the way the kit you're looking at does. Also, the EVO kit has the most vertical mounting position for the rear coil overs second only to the EVO lever system. This allow for greater protection from rocks and a more proper falling rate.

Maybe he just likes to do lots of extra work!?;)

Only experience I've had with Synergys CO's was on a friends LJ. Ride was nice, flexed like crazy, but was shit ton of work to get on and workin. Whole different animal tho LJ to JK

That being said... the bolt on evo kings I've been staring at for the last few days are F**** sexy! :brows:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That being said... the bolt on evo kings I've been staring at for the last few days are F**** sexy! :brows:

i find myself going to evo's website at least once a week over the past 10+ months to look at them and too see if the price magically dropped into my budget range lol

HDGasser

i find myself going to evo's website at least once a week over the past 10+ months to look at them and too see if the price magically dropped into my budget range lol

Lmao! Yeah I kept saying "I'm not gonna do, I can't do it, I can't afford it" soon as I got on the phone with northridge first thing outta my mouth was "I want some Kings" :doh:

The nice thing about Evo is that you don't have to buy it all in one shot. You could buy it in 4 segments if you had to. (Front brackets, rear brackets, front kings, then rear kings). Sure, you might pay a little more in the long run but it isn't such a huge hit on your wallet.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The nice thing about Evo is that you don't have to buy it all in one shot. You could buy it in 4 segments if you had to. (Front brackets, rear brackets, front kings, then rear kings). Sure, you might pay a little more in the long run but it isn't such a huge hit on your wallet.

very true on spacing it out over time, but for me they are more of a want than a need. the plush rides w/ kings would be plenty for me out east so they will be one of the next future upgrades after the pro rock which is a little more important to me right now. i just need to hit to lottery lol

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant remember who on here runs the kit, and said he would have went with the evo bolt-ons if he would have known about them rather than the synergy kit.

Thanks but asking about the Synergy kit only

What's so special about the Synergy kit? You have something against a better product that's easier to install? If it were me I'd spend my hard earned moola on something that's been proven time and again instead of coming on here asking about an inferior product and getting defensive when you don't get the answer you were hoping to get.

TDIpowered

Or maybe he did his research on the kings already found out they are awesome and is asking about the synergy kit since it isn't talked about as much. Can't blame the guy for being direct about the info he is looking for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe he did his research on the kings already found out they are awesome and is asking about the synergy kit since it isn't talked about as much.

So why not just say as much? Not as if I hadn't specifically asked as much.

Can't blame the guy for being direct about the info he is looking for.

Guys who are genuinely looking for info typically take the time to participate on their own thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
His mind was made up before he ever got here, he wasn't gonna hear anything we said about any other brand.

And really, that's cool but I would think that he could at least tell us why. I mean, unless he's just a fanboy, I would expect anyone who's made up their mind about buying something could at least point out the specific benefits of it over another similar product just as I had with the EVO bolt-on kit. If there really is something better about it, I for one would like to know :idontknow:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was even just thinking, not supporting rebel offroad at all, but even they use kings for their kit.

Genesis121

So why not just say as much? Not as if I hadn't specifically asked as much.

I am new to this forum, didn't realize I had to give such a reason as to why my interest in this coilover kit. I thought that by being direct I might get a better response, guess not. I have read about other brands out there but didn't see much about the Synergy kit. There seems to be a lot of info about the EVO, Rebel, and others already posted.

Guys who are genuinely looking for info typically take the time to participate on their own thread.

Sorry if my responses have not been quick enough for you, some of us have real jobs

Last edited:
Top Bottom