AEV2.5 but want better!

Landman

Hey everyone! I currently have a 13 JKU with an AEV 2.5 with 5100s and geo brackets, sitting on small 35s. I was a little hasty when I got my 4 door and needed a lift quick so I ran to a local shop and you know the rest! Well it's been a year and I love the way it handles on road but I want some more articulation and a softer ride off road. Can I get some opinions on how I should piece together a better performing lift? I'm really not sure where to start shock length wise etc, I'd like to keep it around 3 or 4 inches, and may go up to 37s at some point. I was looking at starting with plush rides first. The last pic had me on three wheels disco'd FWIW. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1397586947984.jpg
    1397586947984.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 1397586989447.jpg
    1397586989447.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 1397587047020.jpg
    1397587047020.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
I have the 3 in EVO plush ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000XL shocks and love them. Going bigger than 3 inches will require new drive shafts. Since you are looking at eventually going with 37's i would recommend looking at 1350 drive shafts. Also with a 4 inch lift you will want to look at doing a drag link flip.

I started with a Pro-Comp 2.5 inch lift and pieced together an Enforcer lite lift. I have Rock Krawler LCA's and quick disco's. I did it in stages so it was not as expensive all at once.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Landman

I have the 3 in EVO plush ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000XL shocks and love them. Going bigger than 3 inches will require new drive shafts. Since you are looking at eventually going with 37's i would recommend looking at 1350 drive shafts. Also with a 4 inch lift you will want to look at doing a drag link flip.

How are the EVO coils on/off road? Are they too soft? I'm afraid if I don't go 4 inches it might be something I regret later, but at the same time I love the lower stance...
Is there a good way to figure out proper shock length+bump stops+coils length to get the maximum amount of flex if the driveshaft and lower control arms are replaced?

How are the EVO coils on/off road? Are they too soft? I'm afraid if I don't go 4 inches it might be something I regret later, but at the same time I love the lower stance...
Is there a good way to figure out proper shock length+bump stops+coils length to get the maximum amount of flex if the driveshaft and lower control arms are replaced?

I like the way it drives off-road. Still feel the trail but not to the point where my innards are being rearranged. Also one thing to think about is getting extended brake lines. I know in the future coilovers are coming so I went longer. I am on my ipad so I cannot send you the link to the video I made of Hard Rock. That run is with the EVO Plush Rides and RS9000 XL's. That will give you a good view of how the Jeep runs on the trail.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

suicideking

3" would be fine for 35's, but a little short for 37's (but can be done). I'd go with the 4" if you want to get 37's. Plus get some control arms to replace the AEV brackets.

cddye

Hey everyone! I currently have a 13 JKU with an AEV 2.5 with 5100s and geo brackets, sitting on small 35s. I was a little hasty when I got my 4 door and needed a lift quick so I ran to a local shop and you know the rest! Well it's been a year and I love the way it handles on road but I want some more articulation and a softer ride off road. Can I get some opinions on how I should piece together a better performing lift? I'm really not sure where to start shock length wise etc, I'd like to keep it around 3 or 4 inches, and may go up to 37s at some point. I was looking at starting with plush rides first. The last pic had me on three wheels disco'd FWIW. Thanks!!!

Let me know what you do... Depending on the miles/use I might take the current lift off your hands.

Landman

Let me know what you do... Depending on the miles/use I might take the current lift off your hands.

Well unfortunately my good buddy has dibs on the springs, but the shocks and brackets etc I could work something out BUT this might take me a few months to collect parts and install. I currently have around 20,000 miles on it all and its not a year old yet!

Meade93

I am in the same boat you are with the AEV 2.5" lift. I have been seriously thinking about just getting rid of it completely and going with the EVO enforcer lift with king shocks. Im glad you made this post since it has been on my mind all weekend.

wetfootnw

Same boat and about to get off! I've had the AEV 3.5 for the last 18 months and have outgrown it. I am scheduled next week with Northridge for Evo Lever and front coilover (with DTD bracket for future upgrade).

Landman

Yea I am wishing I went enforcer first also. If I could fast forward a year I would seriously consider the lever kit, but I gotta build this in stages! Lol I have to save money too!!

Twiztid11

I am also in the process of saving up for a lift. At first I was set on the AEV 4.5 but after talking to Eddie and figuring out numbers I'm now leaning towards the EVO 4" enforcer. Just need the $$$$

2014 JKU, manual, stock....for now.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom