SFZ or RR half doors?

Ldogg

Hey guys I wanted to get opinions on these two half doors. I like the look of both but have heard mixed reviews of both as well. I would either krylon paint them or plastic dip them as well. I haven't seen anyone paint the SFZ ones, but I have seen the RR ones and they look good. Not OEM good but not bad. The SFZ are cheaper for sure and I am not to worried about the uppers, although I hear we "may" see them at this years EJS.

Briguy114

I had the SFZ and I sold them shortly after I got them. Wasn't very impressed with the quality, they rattled, the uppers have been "coming soon" for like 2 years, and my paint guy said he wouldn't even bother painting them. If you want them just to beat up on the trail I'm sure they would serve you fine. I have no experience with the RR ones so I'm sure someone else will chime in on those.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I went with RR because...

1) I wasn't going to pay the money for factory doors
2) I've heard of SFZ warping in the sun.
3) SFZ recommends that they NOT be painted.
4) they rattle
5) I wanted uppers

You can get the RR for close to the same price on Amazon.

suicideking

Of those two, I would do the RR. The parts I've seen from them are good quality and I haven't heard anything bad about the doors.

I will be doing the Element doors with the steel skin.

Ldogg

I had heard the element doors rattle real bad too, and I like the weight and look of the other two. I really like the RR ones and they look really good painted.

Here they are in a pic I found. I had heard people complain about quality and the latch location on the RR but I hope they have resolved those.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397626928.722886.jpg

Spartan

I had heard the element doors rattle real bad too, and I like the weight and look of the other two. I really like the RR ones and they look really good painted.

Here they are in a pic I found. I had heard people complain about quality and the latch location on the RR but I hope they have resolved those.

View attachment 78999

Quality seams to be a problem with a lot of RR parts, but in the end it comes down to you get what you pay for.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Here is my short story.

I had the sfz doors, loved the weight of them and that you could basically throw them in the back once you hit the trails. The uppers never being realeased was annoying, the latch on the outside sticks out and is never flat, they rattle unless you have a little piece of plastic tube on the factory latch inside which you have to take off to put full doors back on ( I either forgot and lost this or broke it off every time). Also from them sitting in my living room the door seal started to peel very fast which didn't make sense to me, they did send another roll but I sold them before it was delivered.

I was going to get rr doors with uppers, but for the price I would have paid, I found a deal on factory halfs semi local and went with those, have a 2 door helps however cut the cost.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Here is my short story.

I had the sfz doors, loved the weight of them and that you could basically throw them in the back once you hit the trails. The uppers never being realeased was annoying, the latch on the outside sticks out and is never flat, they rattle unless you have a little piece of plastic tube on the factory latch inside which you have to take off to put full doors back on ( I either forgot and lost this or broke it off every time). Also from them sitting in my living room the door seal started to peel very fast which didn't make sense to me, they did send another roll but I sold them before it was delivered.

I was going to get rr doors with uppers, but for the price I would have paid, I found a deal on factory halfs semi local and went with those, have a 2 door helps however cut the cost.

and your factory doors look so muxh better than the SFZ doors and you have uppers to throw in the back of my jeep from now on :crazyeyes::cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, of the two, I would get the RR doors. I have seen both in person and was not impressed with the SFZ's.

Ldogg

Here is my short story.

Do you mind sharing what painting the OEM doors cost? Just a ballpark figure. I am just thinking that for a few hundred bucks more I can get the OEM doors and either have them painted or paint them or plasti dip them and use their glosser.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Do you mind sharing what painting the OEM doors cost? Just a ballpark figure. I am just thinking that for a few hundred bucks more I can get the OEM doors and either have them painted or paint them or plasti dip them and use their glosser.

500 all said and done, took them a week. I feel it may be cheaper with new oem however since my set was already painted and needed a little body work.

Ldogg

500 all said and done, took them a week. I feel it may be cheaper with new oem however since my set was already painted and needed a little body work.

Thanks! I am going to call a couple paint shops around here and ask. I am thinking to that if I buy the door kit and pair it before its assembled, that it may be cheaper as well since there is no need to mask off or take apart the doors.

Top Bottom