Gear ratios for 35 in tires

Mostes13

Hello everyone, I have a 2013 10th anniversary rubicon 2 dr. Its my second jeep and I absolutely love it. I never got the jeep thing untill I drove one, and then I was hooked. I was wondering what gearing would be good to run 35 in tires? I have 4.10 gearing. Will this be ok or will it be sluggish? 35s will be the biggest I go. This is also my daily driver. I know I will need a lift before I get the tires. I'm tackling that as well. Taking my time and researching all my options. I'm in no rush to purchase the tires a Thanks nd lift yet as I want to make sure I do things right.
Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you will be ok since you have the 4.10's and the more powerful 3.6 motor. it may be a little sluggish from stock but not to bad that you would want to rip your hair out

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you will be fine running 35's with your 4.10 gears being that you have a 3.6L motor.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Agree with the above. I have 35s and 4.10s, and it's fine....still FAR FAR better than 3.21s and 33s that I had on my last rig, which basically made 5th useless.

CZEBJKU

Sorry for the hijack but I am looking at 35s also and have a question regarding gears. I have a13 JKUS and I know I should regear with 35s. What brand is a good quality gear to buy? Again, sorry for the hijack!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sorry for the hijack but I am looking at 35s also and have a question regarding gears. I have a13 JKUS and I know I should regear with 35s. What brand is a good quality gear to buy? Again, sorry for the hijack!

all gears will be the same as they are made by the same company in korea. just find the best regear special available or if your doing the install yourself just buy the cheapest gears

CZEBJKU

Interesting! Did not know that. Thanks for your help and I will be looking for a deal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
all gears will be the same as they are made by the same company in korea. just find the best regear special available or if your doing the install yourself just buy the cheapest gears

This is true and if you don't believe it, just look on the side of any gear and you will see a circle with a K in it. This is the logo for a South Korean company called Cha and they do in fact make pretty much every single JK gear out there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is true and if you don't believe it, just look on the side of any gear and you will see a circle with a K in it. This is the logo for a South Korean company called Cha and they do in fact make pretty much every single JK gear out there.

thanks for the back up on this eddie. i have seen you write this so many times that its drilled into my head at this point :crazyeyes::yup:

CZEBJKU

Oh no, don't take that wrong. I honestly did not know that. I learned something here and I find it interesting. I actually have another question and that is are 4.10s going to be low enough for 35s on a JKUS or should I go lower? Thanks Eddie for chimming in.Your input is valuable!

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Oh no, don't take that wrong. I honestly did not know that. I learned something here and I find it interesting. I actually have another question and that is are 4.10s going to be low enough for 35s on a JKUS or should I go lower? Thanks Eddie for chimming in.Your input is valuable!

If I decide to pull the trigger on regearing my sport for the 35's it'll be to 4.88's. There's a chart floating around in numerous places on the forum, I'm on my phone at work or I'd find it for you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

If I decide to pull the trigger on regearing my sport for the 35's it'll be to 4.88's. There's a chart floating around in numerous places on the forum, I'm on my phone at work or I'd find it for you.

the chart that Josh is mentioning is here http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

TheStick

I have a 3.6 auto, 4.10's and 35's and it does do quite well. However, that said, if I were coming from 3.21's and had to regear, I would go lower, 4.56s or 4.88s.

CZEBJKU

Thanks cozdude! That is an awesome chart. Looks like 4.56 or 4.88 is a better choice than 4.10s.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks cozdude! That is an awesome chart. Looks like 4.56 or 4.88 is a better choice than 4.10s.

your welcome! just a word of advice, when picking gears think about your future build and where you want to be. i currently have 35's but put in 5.13's because i want to run 37's in the future. i have the 3.8 motor as well so its different than the 3.6 but still a good example i think.

CZEBJKU

I am currently on a 3in lift and stock tires and wheels. Will be doing a regear and cgussets before I do the 35s. When I retire in 5 years :can't get here fast enough : everything under the hood and frame will be gone and all new equipment will go in its place. Again, thanks for the help and the advice! I guess I really hijacked this post. Sorry!

suicideking

I have 3.73 and 35's and it's not too bad. 4.10 should be just fine as mentioned.

You'll want to get a programmer to adjust for tire size. I like the Procal, many on here use the flashcal (flashpak?). It will correct the shift points. Made my 3.73 livable until I can re-gear.

Top Bottom