Thoughts on 1.5 inch lift and w/ extended shocks and front drive shaft.

ram190

Thoughts on 1.5 inch lift w/ extended shocks and front drive shaft rub.

With a 1.5 inch TF leveling kit (spacers, 2" in the front, 1" in the rear) is there really concern for drive shaft rub on the exhaust? There are extended shocks installed, 1-3" lift Fox 2.0 shocks. Suppose I'll just lift the jeep to full droop and check it out.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With just shock extensions, you will not need to address your front drive shaft. You only need them if you are running long enough aftermarket shocks that allow for too much droop and then at that point, you would probably be bottoming them out with such a small lift.

TheDuff

Tracy is running pretty much this setup, leveling kit with 1.5-3" shocks. she installed an exhaust spacer kit just to be safe until she can afford new shafts. We flex tested the setup after install, no spring unseating issues or rubbing with 35's with cut factory fenders. 1397684449141.jpg 1397684497552.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Tracy is running pretty much this setup, leveling kit with 1.5-3" shocks. she installed an exhaust spacer kit just to be safe until she can afford new shafts. We flex tested the setup after install, no spring unseating issues or rubbing with 35's with cut factory fenders. View attachment 79060 View attachment 79061

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's a perfect height for 35's on a 2 door imo.

ram190

I jacked up the front 'til full droop and the boot is rubbing, but just barely. So, I think I'm at the max without having to change out the shaft as this vehicle will see light to moderate off-roading. Have to keep an eye on it, might just get the spacers later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom