Tpms 2014 jk

ghost13

Ok folks. Just wanted to share this little bit of info on 2014 tpms sensors. I have a 2014 jk i have a set of m/ts for wheeling. I decided since i also drive my neep into work (50) miles o e way. I would purchase a set of all terrains for my daily commute. I ordered the same wheels a/ts , and sensors for 2014 jk. Well aparre tly the sensor for 2014 is different then the sensors for 2012-13. The frequency is the same. The difference is 2014 is now considered a high frequency sensor even though its the same frequency as 12-13 jks. What it does now is after the the computer communicates with the sensor, the sensor sends signal back to the computer. So if you have a 2014 you need high frequency sensors. If they say same as 12-13 nks ot true.....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think because the 14's tell you individual tire pressure. Different sensor or something

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I think because the 14's tell you individual tire pressure. Different sensor or something

Yes the '14s have what they call a direct TPMS system (shows individual pressure), earlier models have the indirect TPMS system (just triggers the low tire light when one or more tires are lower than the others).

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yes the '14s have what they call a direct TPMS system (shows individual pressure), earlier models have the indirect TPMS system (just triggers the low tire light when one or more tires are lower than the others).

I believe some of the '13s may have the direct system as well.

aemery

My 2014 doesn't do individual tire pressure. From what I have found the part should be 56029398AB, 433mhz, but i have not seen anything about a different sensor for the connectivity group. Really didn't want to buy a set from the dealer.

MICP3309

I have an extremely early 2013. Like built in Sept. Of 2012.. JKUR, mine displays individual tire pressures. I'll try to find the part numbers I have.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you have one of your old ones, some tire shops can program universal ones to your vehicle. We have a tool called an Alligator, the universal sensors are cheaper OE ones.

As far as the '13 and '14 reading individual pressure, I think it's only certain packages and you have to have the connectivity group.

ghost13

ill try and get part numbers. but they were factory dodge parts. they said chrysler corp right on them. but i ordered them through atd.

Landman

I have a sport and mine will only tell me tire pressure is low and then subsequently say fr, fl, rr, or rl.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom