ARB Compressor Issues

jrylb73

Ok so I go to lock in my ARB's today and notice the compressor did not come on, so I started checking the wiring. I have power to the 40A fuse then I have power on the other side of the fuse to the 12V 40A relay. I have power going into the relay, but nothing coming out of it. Would the relay be my issue or is there something else I am missing. When I switch on the front and rear switches I can hear the solenoids kicking in so I believe they are working properly.

jkjurny

Ok so I go to lock in my ARB's today and notice the compressor did not come on, so I started checking the wiring. I have power to the 40A fuse then I have power on the other side of the fuse to the 12V 40A relay. I have power going into the relay, but nothing coming out of it. Would the relay be my issue or is there something else I am missing. When I switch on the front and rear switches I can hear the solenoids kicking in so I believe they are working properly.

What's your relay rated at? If you have a 30A that could be your problem.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hmm. Have you tried plugging in a new relay to see? I'd try that too as part of the process of eliminating links in the chain one by one.

Last edited:

jrylb73

I just replaced the 12v 40a relay and presto it is working fine again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkjurny

I just replaced the 12v 40a relay and presto it is working fine again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering you have 40 amp fuses, you should be ok running a 60 amp relay. Easier to replace a fuse instead of a relay in case the relay is more sensitive than the fuse.

Top Bottom