Lange Hoist Extension?

MrJ3sser

So I just bought a new house and in the new garage, the ceiling is probably at 15 feet. If I remember correctly, the hoist only works with ceilings up to 12'. Should I be able to add a cable extension to the block that attaches to the ceiling? Or am I gonna have to build something into the wall? Any other ideas? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any hands on experience with this hoist but I would imagine that you could just add some kind of extension.

aemery

Which hoist do you have? I saw this in the faq when i was thinking about getting one. I would love it if I had a ceiling that high. Mine is way too low.

Q: I have a 12-20 foot ceiling? Why can't I use the manual hoist?

A: We use specialty "Power Pullers" that are licensed and insured for lifting, for this reason they are only allowed 13 feet of cable and require at least three wraps of cable on the drum for safe operation. Due to the lack of more cable, the manual version is not recommended for use in garages over 10 ft. These customers should purchase a power or crank version; it includes more cable. See fits garages.

Top Bottom