Evo bolt on coilover setup?

noroad

So new jeep project on the table for the lady! She wants coilovers and evo is the best! So here are some question. 1 who runs it with stock arms. If so what else did you need! 2 is it possible to have them set up for 35s and then move up if wanted (so like 3-3.5 lift and move to 4-4.5)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Two door or four door? You need adjustable front lowers for the four door and adjustable lowers in the front and uppers in the rear, driveshafts and brake lines. And yes they are adjustable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As Adam stated, you will need front adjustable lower control arms and being that it's a 2-door, I would say rear uppers as well so that you can set the aftermarket drive shaft that you will need. If it's a 2012 or newer or a 2007-11 with an auto, you will need a front shaft too. A drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket is needed as is a rear track bar relocation bracket, longer rear links and longer brake lines as stated above.

Oscar35

As Adam stated, you will need front adjustable lower control arms and being that it's a 2-door, I would say rear uppers as well so that you can set the aftermarket drive shaft that you will need. If it's a 2012 or newer or a 2007-11 with an auto, you will need a front shaft too. A drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket is needed as is a rear track bar relocation bracket, longer rear links and longer brake lines as stated above.

I did all of this, thx to Eddy. I've been on this set up for a week now. I never imagined the ride would be so smooth. You'll love it. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

Its a 2dr 2014
So
-front lowers
-rear uppers
- draglink flip
-f/r driveshafts
- adj track bar front
- rear track bar relocation
- sway bar links front back
- brake line ( i think come with them)

Anything else or any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Its a 2dr 2014
So
-front lowers
-rear uppers
- draglink flip
-f/r driveshafts
- adj track bar front
- rear track bar relocation
- sway bar links front back
- brake line ( i think come with them)

Anything else or any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

With the drag link flip you can run the stock trackbar so you don't need the adjustable

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think coz was saying that if he gets a draglink flip/front track bar relocation bracket, you can just use the factory track bar. This is what I am running on both Moby and Rubicat. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think coz was saying that if he gets a draglink flip/front track bar relocation bracket, you can just use the factory track bar. This is what I am running on both Moby and Rubicat. :yup:

Yes I assumed that NOROAD was talking about getting the EVO drag link flip

Sent from my iPhone

noroad

O ok i was thinking i needed both but just a relocation kit works! Thats good to know!

Yes I assumed that NOROAD was talking about getting the EVO drag link flip

Sent from my iPhone

ya thats the one i was thinking, does that come with the relocation braket!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think somewhere Trac bar and the drag link got mixed up..:eek: also the bolt on evo kits come with sway bar links and brake lines.

noroad

no i was just missing it as the evo flip kit says it moves the track bar up 3 inchs, so i think that is the all in one set up, which i want!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another question will stock rims work with coilover, with spacers??

I think you need 3.5" of backspacing if I'm not mistaken for the DTD but for the bolt ons you might be good with 4". Someone with more knowledge will prob confirm or deny this for me

Sent from my iPhone

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
EVO recommends 3.5" BS or less. I've seen a few try to run Racelines with 4" BS and 37s and they rubbed at full passenger stuff with at full turn. I sold mine and am getting slabs or chamber IIs instead. Stock wheels would need 3" spacers to get there, not sure anyone makes ones that big.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You really need 3.5" or less or else you will rub them when flexing. With a DTD, you will still see some rubbing even with 3.5" of BS if you are still running factory width axles.

noroad

You really need 3.5" or less or else you will rub them when flexing. With a DTD, you will still see some rubbing even with 3.5" of BS if you are still running factory width axles.

Ok so 3.5 max but whats the min they are saying 1.5spacers on stock rims is to little? just want to be on the ball when i end up buying 10 new rims on what i need lol!

Top Bottom