Axletech Portals

Dashyl

Hi Everyone!! :standing wave:

So its been a long day/late night and I cant really sleep, so I've been watching Ultimate Adventure Videos from 2013 on youtube. I found a build thread on the Project Truck for the 2013 Ultimate adventure, which ended up being a Ford F-250. While watching the video the host, Fred Williams, mentioned Axle Tech Portals. Being a semi-noob I went to the google machine.

This is from the AxleTech Website:
-4.9 inch lift
-1.5:1 reduction ratio
-35 spline input
-41 spline output

While doing a little bit of research I found that the Portals fit on Dana 60's and come with a 8 on 6.5 lug pattern. I'm really just curious if anyone on the forums run these on their rigs (why do you run them or why do you not run them, advantages/disadvantages etc.). I don't really intend to install these when I start building my JK, maybe in the far future. I'm personally just looking for some extra knowledge and opinions.

P.S. Before anyone jumps to conclusions: I do not have any affiliation with AxleTech, just another guy looking for some extra knowledge and trying to learn something new!! :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What he said ^^^. Even if you were to install them, there is no way for you to run a speed sensor on them and if you have a 2012 or newer JK, it will be impossible for you to drive your Jeep in anything other than limp mode.

Jeeper Jr.

What he said ^^^. Even if you were to install them, there is no way for you to run a speed sensor on them and if you have a 2012 or newer JK, it will be impossible for you to drive your Jeep in anything other than limp mode.

Time to make some "EVO Portals"...just a suggestion;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Time to make some "EVO Portals"...just a suggestion;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL!! More like Dynatrac Portals and they had been working on it. In fact, the Mighty FC had them on. In fact, they even have a solution but there are other factors preventing it from happening or, at least anytime soon.

Top Bottom