What tires.

jiggawhatpolo

Ok. Ordering new tires. Want everyone's help. Ok have 2010 jk sport manual. 3.21 gear ratio. 3 inch lift. Do not plan on regearing. Not my daily driver but do drive to beach which is about 3 hours away. I would like to start offloading nothing serious. Want to keep factory 17's. I already have 1.5 spacers. Thanks for all your advise.

U GOONIE

eddy

Ok. Ordering new tires. Want everyone's help. Ok have 2010 jk sport manual. 3.21 gear ratio. 3 inch lift. Do not plan on regearing. Not my daily driver but do drive to beach which is about 3 hours away. I would like to start offloading nothing serious. Want to keep factory 17's. I already have 1.5 spacers. Thanks for all your advise.

U GOONIE

Check out the teraflex tire size video!

TangoJK10

I went 35x12.50 nitto trail grapplers. A bit down on power but planning on a tune and a few other things. If you go with a bit lighter of a tire you'd be better off. Love my nittos though. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398016986.985054.jpg

No top, no doors, no problems.

J.B.

I wouldn't recommend any larger than 33's without re-gearing. Any larger you will most likely fail your ring and pinions pre-maturely and end up changing the gears anyways.

jiggawhatpolo

Yeah 35's are nice. I am not against regearing but would not happen for a year or so. "Wife" lol. So I want something I can deal with for a while. I am not worried about loosinf 6th.

U GOONIE

Flyer

Running 35" MTR Kevlars (relatively light) on stock Rubicon gearing (4.10). It is fine around town but suffers a bit going up to the high passes. Most are saying 4.56, though a couple of people say 4.88 with 35s. Not sure how much improvement the 4.56 will be over 4.10 but the 4.56 keeps the RPM levels at around what they were with 4.10s and stock 32s. So that makes me think that the 4.56 is the right choice. Still not 100% sure, and I certainly don't want to grenade something but I think 4.10 is doable for a while. There are a lot of 3.6 guys running 4.10s and 35s. Have not heard the shops talk about any failures.

904Jeep

Most are saying 4.56, though a couple of people say 4.88 with 35s. Not sure how much improvement the 4.56 will be over 4.10 but the 4.56 keeps the RPM levels at around what they were with 4.10s and stock 32s. So that makes me think that the 4.56 is the right choice.
The OP has the 3.8L. 4.88's for the D30, 5.13 for the D44. 5.13's leave a small R&P for the D30, despite that I still run 5.13's.

Top Bottom