Got Some Newbie questions about my steup

compton94

If any of you read my profile and wave, I am new to this and I purchased my 2013 JKU Sahara used with an ICON 4" lift kit and 20" Rockstars :icon_crazy: and 35" Toyos. there are a few questions that I have now that I have gone off road a little and engaged my 4L and 4H.

1. When in 4H and at slower speeds and in reverse, my rig is a little "jerky". it isnt that way when I am in 2H. I havent been in 4L that much to really see if it is doing that, but will test it out and update.

2. Gussets, what are they really and are they needed with the larger tires. I have been reading some of the builds and guys are talking about welding them on after they have added larger tires.

3. I like the Toyos, but really hate my rims. I have been looking at 17" Pro Comps as my next purchase with the same size tires of 35". Does anyone have any complaints about Pro Comp that I should take into consideration?

4. Looking at quick releases for my sway bars, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hack12

If any of you read my profile and wave, I am new to this and I purchased my 2013 JKU Sahara used with an ICON 4" lift kit and 20" Rockstars :icon_crazy: and 35" Toyos. there are a few questions that I have now that I have gone off road a little and engaged my 4L and 4H.

1. When in 4H and at slower speeds and in reverse, my rig is a little "jerky". it isnt that way when I am in 2H. I havent been in 4L that much to really see if it is doing that, but will test it out and update.

2. Gussets, what are they really and are they needed with the larger tires. I have been reading some of the builds and guys are talking about welding them on after they have added larger tires.

3. I like the Toyos, but really hate my rims. I have been looking at 17" Pro Comps as my next purchase with the same size tires of 35". Does anyone have any complaints about Pro Comp that I should take into consideration?

4. Looking at quick releases for my sway bars, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1. I haven't experienced that jerky feeling while reversing in 4H, but honestly, I'm not in it enough to really give you any good insight into whether or not it's normal. I guarantee you'll get an answer to this very soon with all the knowledgable guys on Wayalife though.

2. Gussets are welded onto the knuckles of your axle to stop them from bending or breaking when larger tires are installed. If you plan on keeping 35's or going bigger, I would certainly recommend installing gussets sooner than later. Even on pavement the knuckles are susceptible to damage when running larger tires. Gussets are well worth their cheap price-tag.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398112740.349117.jpg

3. I have no experience or insight with ProComps so I can't speak with any authority about them.

4. JKS Quick Disconnects. Enough said.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398112727.354151.jpg

Last edited:

xkid

I have the 7069 17inch pro comps. They are just fine. Nice and black.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

compton94

Hack,

thanks, for the info. I have will look under the rig to see if they did the work, I am not holding my breath as they didnt recalibrate for the size of tire either. I am not a welder so I will talk with the local 4wheel shop to take a shot at them if I dont see them under there. Thanks for the advice on the quick releases also...

Hack12

Hack,

thanks, for the info. I have will look under the rig to see if they did the work, I am not holding my breath as they didnt recalibrate for the size of tire either. I am not a welder so I will talk with the local 4wheel shop to take a shot at them if I dont see them under there. Thanks for the advice on the quick releases also...

Anytime. :)

I'm far from an expert, just passing along some info I've gathered after lots of Wayalife thread reading.

munstie

Mine are 9" wide wheels, I've run them at 10 - 12 psi. with no issue's running 35" x12.5x17 Toyo M/T....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Maximum time needed to install the gussets would be 2 hours for someone REALLY taking their time. So an expensive shop shouldn't charge more than $250 to install. A cheap shop should be able to do it for around 100-150

compton94

Thanks all for the quick responses. I figured out #1. due to me being on the dry pavement at the time, this was the issue.

Top Bottom