Need Dana 30 pinion help!

JK320

Long story short, water intruded into my front axle housing and ruined almost everything. So I pulled it apart and replaced all the bearings, seals ect. Now I can't remember the order everything goes back on the pinion and can't find a good diagram. The one on 4wd and Quadra tec doesn't seem accurate.
Anyone know?

Please and thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK320

Forgot to mention I have a 07 JKU Dana 30

UpsideUp

I hope this helps some. I found it in Quadratec catalog that I happened to keep for emergencies. Sorry if it's useless to you. LoL

Attachments

• 1398134281613.jpg
    1398134281613.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 83

JK320

Thanks, I've looked at lots of diagrams and still can't figure out why the shims run against the baffle? Just doesn't seem right?

mrmet1983

Thanks, I've looked at lots of diagrams and still can't figure out why the shims run against the baffle? Just doesn't seem right?

That's how it goes in the jks

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

JK320

I actually stopped by my local dealer and talked to their pinion guru. Turns out hes a offroader as well, he gave me some great tips. I got her back together, turns easy but has a spot where it gets tighter when I rotate it....
Im waiting for my Alloy axle seals, to finish her up. Then I'll run it then recheck the pinion torque. :thumbup:

Top Bottom