Puzzling

MrJ3sser

Riddle me this, Batman...

For about a month now the 2012 JKUR 6-speed has been doing something quite odd. About halfway through my commute each day, I get a warning 'ding' from my dash. I look down and see that my tach drops (but lose no power), the brake light and the ABS light flashes. This is only for a quick moment and then everything restores. Sometimes it will do it multiple times in a 10 minute period. I was getting the oil changed at the dealership last week and asked them to see if it was throwing codes and told them what was going on. They pulled the codes and pretty much just blew me off. The two that now came to my attention are C2101 (battery high voltage) and U04515 (implausible data received from ABS). The latter I didn't catch until just now. More on that in a bit. Anyway, I was driving in some traffic today and it does it again. I had more time to look down since since I was in bumper to bumper and I noticed that the sway bar light and the traction control light flashed as well (never noticed these before since they are lower on the dash). Then the traction control light stayed on the whole way home. When I got home I turned it off and back on and the traction control light was off.

Anybody know what the hell is going on? Any ideas what to look for?

I would take back to the stealership but I'm leaving for Moab on Friday and by the time I get back my warranty will be up. :doh:

Sorry for the wall of text. :beer:

jeeeep

Hooked

For about a month now the 2012 JKUR 6-speed has been doing something quite odd. About halfway through my commute each day, I get a warning 'ding' from my dash. I look down and see that my tach drops (but lose no power), the brake light and the ABS light flashes. This is only for a quick moment and then everything restores. Sometimes it will do it multiple times in a 10 minute period. I was getting the oil changed at the dealership last week and asked them to see if it was throwing codes and told them what was going on. They pulled the codes and pretty much just blew me off. The two that now came to my attention are C2101 (battery high voltage) and U04515 (implausible data received from ABS). The latter I didn't catch until just now. More on that in a bit. Anyway, I was driving in some traffic today and it does it again. I had more time to look down since since I was in bumper to bumper and I noticed that the sway bar light and the traction control light flashed as well (never noticed these before since they are lower on the dash). Then the traction control light stayed on the whole way home. When I got home I turned it off and back on and the traction control light was off.

I would take back to the stealership but I'm leaving for Moab on Friday and by the time I get back my warranty will be up. :doh:

if you're that close to an expired warranty that may be why they blew you off and didn't address the issue

MrJ3sser

Very possibly. I'm probably going to call a different dealership tomorrow that I know honors warranty work on modded jeeps. Hopefully they can kinda extend my warranty if I make the appointment before I pass the 30,000 mile mark.

JKbrick

Very possibly. I'm probably going to call a different dealership tomorrow that I know honors warranty work on modded jeeps. Hopefully they can kinda extend my warranty if I make the appointment before I pass the 30,000 mile mark.

Isn't it 36,000 mile warranty?

TrailBear

My jeep has been doing the same thing, I found it stopped for a bit if I tighten the battery clamp, but it always seems a little loose but it's as tight as I can get it.

36Fan

I have heard the electrical connections for the sway bar have caused similar problems. Water inside the electrical part of the sway bar motor/controls and or connectors cause the CAN bus to short and throw odd symptoms. Just a thought.

MrJ3sser

I have heard the electrical connections for the sway bar have caused similar problems. Water inside the electrical part of the sway bar motor/controls and or connectors cause the CAN bus to short and throw odd symptoms. Just a thought.

Do you know if there is anything I can do about it? Seal it or something?

36Fan

Do you know if there is anything I can do about it? Seal it or something?

If its still under warranty I would start there. If not,then I would unplug the harness at the connector and look for water and or corrosion build up. Then onto the black cover on the sway bar electronics control,look for the same thing inside there. One person said the connector had water in it and some dialect grease fixed it, another said it was water inside the black cover and that was causing his problems. It could also be something completely different and not related,but the flashing of the sway bar light was a factor in both of their problems and also one other that had a wiring harness get nicked, bringing the same symptoms. Just relaying what I've read elsewhere is all.

MrJ3sser

If its still under warranty I would start there. If not,then I would unplug the harness at the connector and look for water and or corrosion build up. Then onto the black cover on the sway bar electronics control,look for the same thing inside there. One person said the connector had water in it and some dialect grease fixed it, another said it was water inside the black cover and that was causing his problems. It could also be something completely different and not related,but the flashing of the sway bar light was a factor in both of their problems and also one other that had a wiring harness get nicked, bringing the same symptoms. Just relaying what I've read elsewhere is all.

Thanks bud. :beer:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug

Probably not the issue, or maybe there's a chance that it came from the
Manufacture bad, but I had a bad ignition switch that causes this.

Top Bottom