EVO Bolt on COILOVER Spring Rates

BDP849

I am curious what spring rates you have on your EVO Coilover setup.

Mine came with 250 250 in the front and 200 250 in the rear.

The reason I ask is, I just got back from Moab EJS, when I climbed a ledge my front had no problems but the weight of my rig would shift to the back and I would compress the rear suspension to the bump stops. I struggled getting over obstacles that I had no issues doing last year with my TeraFlex system, some I had to bypass, that sucked....
I am running 37's and a full bumper in the rear.

So I guess my question is two fold;
1. What Spring Rates are you running front and rear?
2. What ride height do you have them set at?

Any general help on set-up would be great, maybe I just have my ride heigh to low.:yup:

Last edited:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I'm running same as you front and rear. My heights set at about4.5. My timing rings on rear are about 3/4 " above slider. Have not had those issues, but depending on the trail you ran and how much weight in the rear you have will affect things. I run soft top and only tools and fluids and minor spares in rear.

I am curious what spring rates you have on your EVO Coilover setup.

Mine came with 250 250 in the front and 200 250 in the rear.

The reason I ask is, I just got back from Moab EJS, when I climbed a ledge my front had no problems but the weight of my rig would shift the the back and I would almost compress the rear suspention to the bump stops. I struggled getting over obstacles that I had no issues doing last year, some I had to bypass, that sucked....
I am running 37's and a full bumper in the rear.

So I guess my question is two fold;
1. What Spring Rates are you running front and rear?
2. What ride heigh do you have them set at?

Any general help on set-up would be great, maybe I just have my ride heigh to low.:yup:

My wife had the same issue but was always on her bump stops. We had to switch to 300/250 and since it's been great.

JaySC

I also switched to 250 in the back... It's a noticeable improvement.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BDP849

Thanks guys for your response.

I guess I need to decide if i want to add springs or drop weight in the rear.

BDP849

I'm running same as you front and rear. My heights set at about4.5. My timing rings on rear are about 3/4 " above slider. Have not had those issues, but depending on the trail you ran and how much weight in the rear you have will affect things. I run soft top and only tools and fluids and minor spares in rear.

RanchoRubi do you run a bumper and a full sized spare in the rear?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I also switched to 300/250 in the back and moved the 250 to the front so I am 200/250 in the front. I have a heavy rear bumper and Nitto 37s so a lot of weight with them mounted on Slabs. I still hit my bumpstops so I actually wish I was 300/300 in the back.

Top Bottom