37's balance issues

4Low

New bfg km2's, new wheels. Road force balanced. Shakes above 65 and real bad above 75. Its not death wobble its balance. Can this be corrected or is this part of 37's? Please only reply if you have exp. With 37's. Never had problems with 35's on this jk or the last one.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
New bfg km2's, new wheels. Road force balanced. Shakes above 65 and real bad above 75. Its not death wobble its balance. Can this be corrected or is this part of 37's? Please only reply if you have exp. With 37's. Never had problems with 35's on this jk or the last one.

Have them balanced again. It's not uncommon for tires of this size to need more than one attempt.

4Low

Makes sense its gotten worse since they were new. They have 2500 miles now. Thanks guys

4Low

Didn't really mean it like that just wanted to know if it was normal for 37's. But it is kinda funny :p

CerOf

You guys ever break the bead, rotate tire on the rim and then try to rebalance?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys ever break the bead, rotate tire on the rim and then try to rebalance?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

I've seen it help on a set of steel wheels. Not something that is really needed on a set of aluminum wheels.

4Low

Had them balance the rears today and vibrations gone. One was off a lot others were fine. Thanks again.

JKDriver07

I don't think it has to do with tire size, it has to be the tires that you bought specifically. My friend bought some 37's and has not had any problems at all. When I first put my 35's on, they vibrated really bad above 40 MPH. I had pep boys balance them and haven't had a problem since. Maybe try returning those tires and get new ones.

cis911

I'm glad to hear that you got them balanced, everyone with the roadforce machine say my 37s are too big (bs) so I took it to a shop where they can balance up to a 50" tall tire (well that's what they said) and holy cow what a difference.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'm glad to hear that you got them balanced, everyone with the roadforce machine say my 37s are too big (bs) so I took it to a shop where they can balance up to a 50" tall tire (well that's what they said) and holy cow what a difference.

Road Forcing does not affect balance. All road forcing does is tell you if a tire is out of round and going to cause a vibration. Breaking the bead down and spinning the tire 180 degrees on the wheel may improve the tires out of roundness, but not always.

Last time I rotated my tires, I road forced my 35s for the hell of it, they ran low on road force, but were out of balance 1.00-1.50 ounces causing a vibration in the steering wheel. Balanced them out and no more vibration. So the point is that even though my tires ran very low on road force, being slightly out of balance was enough to cause a vibration.

We never road force large off road tires because of this reason. If you go to a shop with state of the art equipment and skilled technicians, you shouldn't have any issues.

I don't mean to be a smart a$$, just trying to educate.

http://youtu.be/MeCcWnPOp9I

36Fan

I've had to rebalance my new Nitto's on my truck twice now and it might need it one more time. We've marked all the weights and the tires just don't seem to stay happy.

Top Bottom