Jks quick disconnect, get now or wait?

Dune Crawler

Got a lil extra cash to spend and thought about maybe picking up a pair of these and just install them now for when I jump to the evo plush rides instead of waiting until then. Thoughts? Im running a 2.5" RC lift which nets me closer to 2.7-3"s.

Life's a beach

Landman

As long as it won't cause any interference or rubbing issues up front do it. It's a much smoother ride off road also.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had them and they were great. I got ride of them tho cause I found a rubi sway for cheap so I didn't need them anymore. Great product and the one I would suggest anytime

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had them and they were great. I got ride of them tho cause I found a rubi sway for cheap so I didn't need them anymore. Great product and the one I would suggest anytime

Sent from my iPhone

LOL!! I was just going to say that unless you can't find a used Rubi e-disco (even if broken), they are a good option to go with :D

TrailBear

I just added a set when I did my lift, they make a huge difference, what size tires are you running? If your lift didn't come with bump stop extensions you'll need them to keep your tires from rubbing.

MAMUT

LOL!! I was just going to say that unless you can't find a used Rubi e-disco (even if broken), they are a good option to go with :D

When you guys get these, do you hook up the electronic switch, or do you replace it with the manual knob engagement on non Rubicon models ?
What is a fair price for a used unit ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When you guys get these, do you hook up the electronic switch, or do you replace it with the manual knob engagement on non Rubicon models ?

hinrich found my rubi sway bar for me. it was sold to me as a "working motor" but i had no way of confirming and didnt want to. i payed $200 for mine and put the EVO no limits on with new evo sway bar links. it is so easy to use compared to the JKS links i had and they were really easy to use.

The JKS links are great if you cant find a rubi bar for cheap but i would look for a rubi bar first.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you have a working motor, wiring it up so that you can turn it on and off inside the cab is a nice feature to have. But, like cozdude stated, I just run an EVO no-limits knob on mine now and am quite happy with it.

Hack12

I'm running the Rubicon Express 2.5" Coil Lift and I'm in need of a set of quick disconnects. From everything I've read, short of getting a used Rubi e-disco, these are the ones to get.

Will the 3"-6" set fit correctly or should I get the 0-2" set? :thinking:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm running the Rubicon Express 2.5" Coil Lift and I'm in need of a set of quick disconnects. From everything I've read, short of getting a used Rubi e-disco, these are the ones to get.

Get the 3-6. The other ones are really small.

Dune Crawler

If you have a working motor, wiring it up so that you can turn it on and off inside the cab is a nice feature to have. But, like cozdude stated, I just run an EVO no-limits knob on mine now and am quite happy with it.

Thanks, yea I've looked around in areas close to me but no luck. The jks disconnect will def be sufficient

Life's a beach

TrailBear

3-6 will work perfect, that's what I'm running on the same amount of lift.

MAMUT

There's a guy here in town down south that has one for sale and he's asking $500. It also has the evo no limits installed already. What do yall about the price ?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There's a guy here in town down south that has one for sale and he's asking $500. It also has the evo no limits installed already. What do yall about the price ?

seems steep to me. i got mine for $200 then added the no limits. i would see if you can get it for $400 or less.

Top Bottom