16" rims

anyone know of a company that makes 16x11 rims for the JK with 3.5" back spacing

currently have 16x10 with 4.5 or 4.75 back spacing and i HATE the stance even with 1.5" wheel spacers and i can not find a more offset rim jeep is to tall and skinny driving me crazy!

maybe pro comp or american racing will make me custom rims?

I just want black steel rims not fancy aluminum ones that ill feel back beating on rocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, a decent 16" wheel is hard enough to find let alone one that is a really odd width of 11" and even if you could find one, it would be way too wide for wheeling with aired down tires. You are more likely to find a 10" with less back spacing and if anything, that is the route I would go. Of course, if you're going to spend the money on new wheels, I personally would use the opportunity to get a set of 17's. WAY MORE options available to you and really, a much better size to work with when it comes to running big tires.

Im rolling on 385/70/16 toyo mt tires with 16x10 currently!

The tires are being pulled in a little bit so they should be mounted on 11 or 12" wide by the look of it can weld on bead lock rings or internal double beadock air bags i forget who makes them! thats not a problem to keep the tire on the rim when air down.

But the 16x10 i have are like 4.5" BS and with 1.5" spyder trax spacers its not offset out enough it still looks goofy with 4" evo coils to tall and skinny...

Maybe a rim shop can cut and reweld my centers and keep them straight and true? if i stay with the same width rim.

I can find 16x10 all day long but all are 4.5" BS

I want to run this size tire 38x14.50 i love the size and look just not sticking out enough is all!

If i could fine another tire i like in this size i would switch to 17" rims but most are 13.50 or 12.50 wide tires and i like the look of 14.50 this is all about personal preference and im OCD haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The tires are being pulled in a little bit...

In my book, this is a good thing. Back in the day, we would purposefully mount wide tires on narrow rims just for it as it does a great job of helping to keep your bead from rolling. We used to call it a poor man bead lock.

...so they should be mounted on 11 or 12" wide by the look of it can weld on bead lock rings or internal double beadock air bags i forget who makes them! thats not a problem to keep the tire on the rim when air down.

For a regular street wheel and tire, I understand where you would say this but for off roading, I personally would disagree. As far as welding on a bead lock ring goes, I personally know someone who's been seriously injured by one breaking during inflation and would never trust one because of it. Good luck installing a set of Staun internal bead lock. Even their own reps can barely do it.

But the 16x10 i have are like 4.5" BS and with 1.5" spyder trax spacers its not offset out enough it still looks goofy with 4" evo coils to tall and skinny...

4.5" of BS + 1.5" of spacers should effectively give you 3" of BS. That should have your wheels sticking way out!

Maybe a rim shop can cut and reweld my centers and keep them straight and true? if i stay with the same width rim.

Honestly, there is no way I would ever do something like that.

I want to run this size tire 38x14.50 i love the size and look just not sticking out enough is all!

You are running 14.50's with 3" of BS and you don't think they stick out enough? :thinking:

If i could fine another tire i like in this size i would switch to 17" rims but most are 13.50 or 12.50 wide tires and i like the look of 14.50 this is all about personal preference and im OCD haha

Maybe what you need is a set of 20" wheels and run a 40x15.50. That's what I had been running in the past and you really can't get any wider than that. Still, it will only be a 10" wide wheel with 3.5" of BS. :idontknow:

ill post a pic of the stance just a sec it is not wide at all with cut fenders my back tires stick out maybe 1.5" just the outter tread

u8e4e2yh.jpg

I'm bothered by the overall width of the jeep I lovveeee the width of the tire and the height the tires are awesome I don't wanna sell them just want a wider overall stance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry don't have a pic of the back to see the stance I'll get one later of that your jeep has been my insperation since I got a jk when it was on mud grapplers it looked unreal so mean I want that look hahaha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
u8e4e2yh.jpg

I'm bothered by the overall width of the jeep I lovveeee the width of the tire and the height the tires are awesome I don't wanna sell them just want a wider overall stance

I dunno, you're Jeep looks like it's standing pretty wide to me :idontknow:

If you really want to go wider, you really should be looking at running a set of ProRock 60's. Being that they are full width axles, they will give you a wider stance and really, are what I would be running with tires as big as yours. Of course, with them, you would still have to get rid of your odd sized 16" wheels.

yeah i dont wheel that hard yet to need 60's nor do i have a spare 15 grand to drop on them haha if i were to go 60s then yeah 17" rims and 42's but that aint going to happen in my lifetime i dont think unless i win the lottery or dynatrac sponsers me to abuse their wicked products haha so i guess im SOL :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe if it wasn't at tall it would look wider? :idontknow:

This is true. Sure does look tall for just running 4" Plush Ride coils. Maybe it's the fenders being so narrow that gives it that extra tall look :idontknow:

its 4" plush with 1.25" rc body lift

but full skids bumpers rock rails trail gear tools everything im like 78" to top of wondshield or something like that

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
its 4" plush with 1.25" rc body lift

but full skids bumpers rock rails trail gear tools everything im like 78" to top of wondshield or something like that

Is there a reason why you are running a 1.25" body lift on top of your 4" lift?

I just went outside to double check the measurement of Moby, my big white JK running coil overs and 40" Nittos and to the top of the windshield, it barely measures 77".

crowrb29

I would take the body lift off or something. Going lower would make it look wider and from what I have seen there is really no reason to go that high.

Devallee

More low! 5.5" is a lot of lift. Drop the body lift and stick with the 4" coils. Like stated it will make it seem wider. It doesn't look as wide because it's way taller than it needs to be. Even if you were on 40s that's still a lot of lift :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy S37

suicideking

If you look at wheels for 16" and 17" -- all (at least the ones I've seen) 16 X 8 or 16 X 10 will have 4.5" BS. 17's will be 17 X 9 or 17 X 10 with 4.5" bs.

If you want less, you're looking at going to 15" which will have 3.75" bs. Of course, then there are very few tires above 35".

16's have a poor tire selection. I had 16's and couldn't find a tire I liked, so moved down to 15". Will be going to 17" when I go to 37's. So if you want a decent tire selection, you're looking at 17+ or 15".

Sounds like your expectations are not realistic though. That is, unless you can find a company to make you custom wheels.

Top Bottom