JK Soft Top Question - Is This A Problem

tonytony9

Dear Forum,

Finally got my soft top installed yet and everything went pretty well. I bought the soft top used and had to buy a few bits of hardware myself; it seems to have worked out pretty well though. There are a few areas that came to my attention which I am worried about. I took some pictures and wanted some input.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398282564.190939.jpg
This right here is on both the driver and passenger sides of the car. It is by the back door surroundings. It seems as if there is a hard layer of cloth which should wrap around something but there is nothing to wrap around. I am afraid that during highway driving it is gonna flop a ton because of wind.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398282674.065040.jpg
On the sides of the roof it seems almost not even or close to the tops of the doors. There is a hard portion on the sides which I was assuming was a rain collection. But, if you can zoom in on the picture maybe it will be a better explanation then what I am saying. The edge basically just does not seem clean.

Other than that it seemed like an easily install. Just clips to the frame of the softop in the front and middle of car. Then at the back you have to screw on the shoulder pieces to the roll bar. Missing anything?

Thank you,
Tony

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tonytony9

Here is a link that'll help with your windows.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=17045

As far as your top I'm not sure what you mean.

I believe on either side of the car you can see the tops of the door surroundings. It almost seems as if on either side of the soft top that the hard plastic edge should wrap around a piece of metal. Just like the two back parts do near the back window.

Heholua

You need to take the plastic flaps on the top above the doors and fold them into the door surrounds.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Here is the instructions on how to fold it down properly. Just reverse it to put it back up. These came in my jeep

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398285803.183015.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398285813.649457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

tonytony9

Its going to be tight, do it the sun to allow the top to stretch a little.

Alright thanks. I may not have time to do that today. Is it safe to drive on the highway before I get that done?

TheStick

There was another thread just posted about this, look at that one too.

It's tight but it's supposed to be. Unzip and pull the bottom out and start from there.

It's the order of things more than anything to get everything right.

Top Bottom