Adjustable front lower control arms

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket adjustable lower front control arms go shorter than factory length? I welded on new synergy brackets and i tilted them back about 5 degrees, bad math. This is effectively lengthening my lower arms. Don't really want to cut them off again. My evo arms won't go short enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't been able to fully test them yet, but the Metalcloak arms go shorter than stock. I didn't measure but maybe 1/4" :idontknow: (don't know for sure how much.) The older ends like I have are welded so there will be some variance due to the weld. It is my understanding that the new ends they are sending out are forged.

At the moment I am pleased with everything but the finish on the MC arms. (Weird black splotches after first wheeling trip to RC.) Only time will tell on how they hold up.

PS... it annoys me that they switched to forged ends. For a long time they were beating the drum that their welded ends were stronger than anyone would ever need. Then while reading about a failure (on another forum) I learned that they switched to forged ends. And while it is nice that they replaced them without issue, really they shouldn't have had to. The switching to forged ends is like admitting that the previous design is insufficient.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Personally if it were me I'd cut them off and make it right. Fix the mistake or it'll bite you in the ass later. :two cents:

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket adjustable lower front control arms go shorter than factory length? I welded on new synergy brackets and i tilted them back about 5 degrees, bad math. This is effectively lengthening my lower arms. Don't really want to cut them off again. My evo arms won't go short enough.

5° is a lot and I really doubt you'd be able to find a set of arms that can go that much shorter than stock. Unfortunately, your best bet would be to cut them off and start over.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PS... it annoys me that they switched to forged ends. For a long time they were beating the drum that their welded ends were stronger than anyone would ever need.

Well, they don't call it marketing for nothing and they are pretty good at it. Corona beer is too and tons of people drink it as well.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?16996-How-to-Successfully-Sell-Bad-Product-at-a-Higher-Price

Then while reading about a failure (on another forum) I learned that they switched to forged ends. And while it is nice that they replaced them without issue, really they shouldn't have had to. The switching to forged ends is like admitting that the previous design is insufficient.

They switched because their welds sucked...

mc-01.jpg

mc-02.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, i had a feeling i was going to be cutting again. I'm about to point to just order a damn pr44 housing. Lol

At least I've removed it so many times now i can get the axle out in about 30 min.

was hoping for a temp fix so i can take it to have body swapped but i guess that's waiting another week or two. Dang project Jeep is blocking my power top hoist and after a week in moab topless need to get the hardtop off my other jk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom