Lift Kits

JKU EXTREME

Just wondering if anyone has the Pro Comp 4" stage 1 lift kit and what you think about it...

What tires are you planning on running. I mean 4" is a lot of lift.
I don't personally own the lift, but I am pretty sure someone on here does or has. There is a lot of different lifts on here.
[Curious:(But why ProComp?)]

303Shane303

35" for now...37" down the road. Just shopping around and getting input before I pull the trigger. It is time to buy tires, and I want to lift it, but don't want to break the bank because bumpers and a winch are not too far behind...

noroad

This might not be what you want to hear but it just seems that you are in a rush to just throw something on the rig! I would first say slow down and research everything get some options and look into them! i spent a long time looking at lifts as $3000 is not something i wanted to do wrong! My biggest advise is read everything you can find on the lift you want! my next biggest advise is to go to a meet and look/ride in someones rig 9/10 that guy will be more then willing to take you for a lap!

303Shane303

That's the stage I am in now, researching...everyone's input on which lift you have and why you like/dislike it will be taken in to consideration.

noroad

That's the stage I am in now, researching...everyone's input on which lift you have and why you like/dislike it will be taken in to consideration.

Ok if you want peoples opinions on lifts for you post up what you want for size, what you plan to do (mall/offroad) and maybe if its a DD and how far! Do you plan to do the lift if so what are your limits(i can not weld) small factors add up! As for me i Wanted a long arm due to i drive on the highway alot and also wanted a good amount of hight 4.5" for 37s with ability to go 40s. so i got the rubicon express 4.5 inch 4-link lift kit and added fox 2.0 with bds tune for a jk! so far i have had it about 20000 miles and love it i also wheel very hard. was a complete bolt on kit!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, 4" is a lot of lift and more than I would personally run with just a set of 35's. As far as ProComp goes, is it safe to assume you've been shopping at your local 4WheelParts store? So you know, that is their store brand and their salesmen get commission bonuses for selling them. Of course, if you like a really loud and squeaky Jeep, this is the kit for you.

I would have to agree with what noroads said, I would slow down and take a step back before pulling the trigger.

munstie

Stay away from radius arms, I made and am currently still riding on this setup (mistake). Does it work yes does it chew up bushings if you like to flex hell yes.

Sent from the Zone of Influence

303Shane303

I would prefer a bolt on lift because I will be doing the install myself, as my welding skills are limited. I hit the trails as often as I can, but like to be able to drive to the trails also. My Jeep is my toy, so no immediate rush on getting it done, but spring is here and I am ready to get out and play :)

noroad

I would prefer a bolt on lift because I will be doing the install myself, as my welding skills are limited. I hit the trails as often as I can, but like to be able to drive to the trails also. My Jeep is my toy, so no immediate rush on getting it done, but spring is here and I am ready to get out and play :)

Is money a factor??? IF not evo bolt on coilovers and front and rear adjustable control arms and boom best of the best lol thats what im doing on my new jeep build when it arrives in the next coupld weeks!

(that is not everything you will need)

Hack12

Is money a factor??? IF not evo bolt on coilovers and front and rear adjustable control arms and boom best of the best lol thats what im doing on my new jeep build when it arrives in the next coupld weeks!

(that is not everything you will need)

X2. Though, I don't know many people, including myself, that money is not a factor for. That being said, this would certainly be money well spent, even if you have to save and wait.

303Shane303

I would love to get the best of the best, but money is always a factor...I am trying to budget around $3500-$4000 for lift and 5- 35" tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to get the best of the best, but money is always a factor...I am trying to budget around $3500-$4000 for lift and 5- 35" tires.

At that price point, I might recommend an EVO Enforcer kit with draglink flip and running shocks other than the Kings that normally come packaged with it. A set of Rancho 7000's, 9000's or even Bilstein 5100's will get the job done well and for a lot less money. You should be able to do the whole thing including tires in the budget you have.

noroad

$4500 is going to be tight for 5 35s and new rims ball park on them is about $2000 to $2500(depending on tires/rims) over 2.5 inch's you need drive shafts or maybe just one as its a four door! you need the lift and shocks as well as c gussets! can be done but you will deff have to put you research to the test!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$4500 is going to be tight for 5 35s and new rims ball park on them is about $2000 to $2500(depending on tires/rims) over 2.5 inch's you need drive shafts or maybe just one as its a four door! you need the lift and shocks as well as c gussets! can be done but you will deff have to put you research to the test!

Forgot about drive shafts. A front one is something that will need to be budgeted for IF you have a 2012 or a 2007-11 with an automatic.

hlax2525

Right now I am in the same boat as you. Right now I am 16 and just starting driving. I hope to have my rig for a while after I leave for college, but money is tight. My hope is to have enough money for 3" enforcer with drag link flip kit and depending on money either bilstein 5100's or king shocks. I also have to factor in wheels and 35" trail grapplers. I am still undecided on wheels yet. If I had the money for it I would definetly be buying Lorenzo's slabs, but sadly I don't.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
At that price point, I might recommend an EVO Enforcer kit with draglink flip and running shocks other than the Kings that normally come packaged with it. A set of Rancho 7000's, 9000's or even Bilstein 5100's will get the job done well and for a lot less money. You should be able to do the whole thing including tires in the budget you have.

OP- this ^^^ is the route i would go with that type of budget

Hack12

I'd suggest sticking to no more than 2.5-3" of lift if you're only getting 35's. You could then trim your factory fender flares for free providing you all the clearance you'll need and keeping your center of gravity nice and low, which will be better for you on and off-road. It'll also save you money on buying things like driveshafts.

You could certainly buy 5 brand new 35" tires, 5 wheels, a 2.5" lift kit w/ shocks, and gussets for under $3500.

Obviously, the EVO kit is going to be better than any other kit, but for a self proclaimed light/moderate off-roader, you may be able to come in $500-$1000 under budget going a slightly cheaper route. Then your new bumper or winch won't have to be "down the road".

Just a friendly suggestion. ;)

As mentioned previously, the EVO Enforcer 3" is certainly the way to go if you want the best of the best.

Last edited:

noroad

I'd suggest sticking to no more than 2.5-3" of lift if you're only getting 35's. You could then trim your factory fender flares for free providing you all the clearance you'll need and keeping your center of gravity nice and low, which will be better for you on and off-road. It'll also save you money on buying things like driveshafts.

You could certainly buy 5 brand new 35" tires, 5 wheels, a 2.5" lift kit w/ shocks, and gussets for under $3500.

Obviously, the EVO kit is going to be better than any other kit, but for a self proclaimed light/moderate off-roader, you may be able to come in $500-$1000 under budget going a slightly cheaper route. Then your new bumper or winch won't have to be "down the road".

Just a friendly suggestion. ;)

As mentioned previously, the EVO Enforcer 3" is certainly the way to go if you want the best of the best.

I will have to agree and disagree with you in some areas!! One if you never and i mean never ever (and i think its about 99% off jeeps wish they went bigger at one point) but if you think that then get the 2.5! If not i can tell you first hand that stage build are so expensive and when looked at in the end you could have had better soon for less! Research and know what you want to do be fore you even spend 1$ and be realistice on a time frame that fits your life! (took me a year of running stock to get every part i needed to build) DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT!

Hack12

I will have to agree and disagree with you in some areas!! One if you never and i mean never ever (and i think its about 99% off jeeps wish they went bigger at one point) but if you think that then get the 2.5! If not i can tell you first hand that stage build are so expensive and when looked at in the end you could have had better soon for less! Research and know what you want to do be fore you even spend 1$ and be realistice on a time frame that fits your life! (took me a year of running stock to get every part i needed to build) DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT!

Yeah, you are certainly right about wanting bigger and planning for it so you don't have to spend money twice. After rereading some of his initial posts, I see that he has his eye on 37's eventually. I'd definitely recommend for him to do it right the first time so he won't have to rebuy another lift if/when he decided to go to 37's. Good look.

I'm with you 100% on research. My wife actually constantly gives me a hard time for spending so much time researching and mulling over stuff before I buy it. I hate regrets and try to avoid them at all costs. It's not fool-proof but research certainly helps.

Top Bottom