Jeep Market Share Growth Outpaces All U.S. Brands

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sure is nice to see news like this but really, I think everyone here already knew as much :D

Jeep Market Share Growth Outpaces All U.S. Brands
Jeep-2015Wrangler-ArrowUp-Web.jpg

Over the past eight years, Jeep brand first-quarter market share grew the most of any brand from Chrysler, Ford or GM. From the first three months of 2007 to the first quarter of 2014, Jeep’s piece of the total sales pie rose from 3.05% to 3.89% of U.S. light vehicle sales, an increase of 27.84% and nearly a percent ahead of second-place Buick.

Jeep now has more market share than any domestic brand except Chevrolet and Ford.

Chrysler Group is second only to Ford in growth over the eight year period, though Ford was helped by the fact it was in dire straits before either Chrysler or GM. Ford is ahead by 0.13 points while Chrysler is still 1.41 points of share behind where it was in the first quarter of 2007. GM has given up 5.54 points over the same period.

Measuring from the depths of the 2009 crash, Chrysler is the undisputed champion with market share up 170.71%, compared to 17.33% for Ford and 11.50% for GM. Jeep also leads by this measure with 261.10% first-quarter growth from 2009 to 2014.

Detroit3-ShareTrends-Web.jpg

Article can be found here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/04/jeep-market-share-growth-outpaces-all-u-s-brands

Clark Griswold

I did my share by switching from all foreign cars to all Jeep in the last year, couldn't be any happier, awesome products and a blast to own.

Tigereye10

I think my driveway may soon have more Jeeps, even since I bought mine, my family always wants to drive it around. :thumb: I also never noticed how many Jeeps drive around here until I got mine, they are everywhere!

Top Bottom