Any input on OrFab

YKNJCK

I've been looking at OrFab bumpers and tire carrier and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Welds look good but they seem to be a little lighter weight then some of the others I've looked at.

GCM 2

I ran their tire carrier for a couple of years, had a 40" tire on a beadlock wheel hanging on it daily without a problem. On the trail I often had the added weight of 10 gallons of fuel and my hi-lift jack too, zero problems. If they had offered it at the time, like they do now, I would have purchased the slimmer/closer fit to the body "Rotopax" version as opposed to their older Jerry can model.

image-1769380136.jpg

image-1712808697.jpg

image-3983804318.jpg

budmanm3

I have their front stinger and its pretty good quality. The powdercoating will probably need a redo in a few years though.

Overall I love the look

Attachments

• 1398551524228.jpg
    1398551524228.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 187

YKNJCK

The Rotopax tire carrier is what got me looking at them. My biggest concern is how it handles the weight at the hinges.

GCM 2

The Rotopax tire carrier is what got me looking at them. My biggest concern is how it handles the weight at the hinges.

There should be no concern. The carrier is very well designed and if it is installed exactly as stated in the mfg's instructions, you will have zero issues. Again, I ran a 40" tire on it for about two years, I'm not easy on equipment.

budmanm3

This is their new rear/tire carrier they posted last week.. not in production yet though

Attachments

• 1398555332723.jpg
    1398555332723.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 170

GCM 2

This is their new rear/tire carrier they posted last week.. not in production yet though

Looks like it requires their new bumper too. The best selling point to their other older design, it works with any bumper or no bumper. This fact also can be applied to the EVO tire carrier and the GenRight tire carrier, you can use any bumper you want :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love my OR-fab carrier with the ropax. Very easy to open and use.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398600968.941962.jpg

Ignore how stuck I am in this pic lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398601084.449369.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom