AEV Snorkel

ScubaSteve

First off, I love the water. Prefer to be one with nature. With that said, my big question is AEV Snorkel... Yay or Nay? I was at Easter Jeep Safari and saw it come in handy on Cane Creek. So I thought I would vent my thoughts here and ask the question. I love snorkels... Not sure if I really need one.... Safety first since danger never takes a day off...

BlueCopper

I don't think anyone could really answer that for you. Its going to depends on where you live and what kinds of trails you run.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

pastorwug

I have the AEV Snorkel on my Jeep - I really bought it because the fellow that purchased it was practically giving it away, brand new.
Not sure I'll ever be in submarine mode but it does supply an extra margin of error when crossing river, creeks, streams. There are a bunch of other things you need to do besides a snorkel to really be safer in deeper water, and perhaps those things should be done first but I like my snorkel (the one on the Jeep) and like the loof of it as well.
Youtube has a number of fun snorkel videos to watch as well.

Kavanji

here in Namibia a lot of people run snorkels. not for water crossings but for cleaner air to the airbox / aircleaner.
the cleaner the air the longer the filter lasts. Most vehicles have the air intake in the engine compartment and slow speed driving under severe dusty conditions can see the filter clogged in a matter of a few kilometers.

18102197vb.jpg

rocxtreme

The pre-filter is the ideal for getting the clean charge of air to extend the life. There is also a thought of a ram air type flow with the normal intake. The fact that the JK generated an enormous amount of heat under the hood, the exterior intake helps with a cooler charge as well.

Keep in mind all the seals, electronics, and if really deep, the rear door breather will allow a lot of water in if going that deep.

I am in Vegas, and see lots of desert running, that was my focus for it, not so much water.

Mikes Offroad

I like mine for the odd chances that I have to cross a creek or bed of water. I have hydro locked the 4.0l in one of my old XJ's, since then it's snorkels for me all the way.

Attachments

• misc 024[1].jpg
    misc 024[1].jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom