Trail Master Suspension kits. yay or nay?

Hack12

Curious as to if anyone has heard of the Trail Master kits (I've never heard of them), this afternoon my stepdad showed it to me and it pretty much looks like a budget boost with shocks good price on them but, what I'm wondering is if anyone has heard good or bad things about them? :thinking: Here's a link to it: http://www.trailmastersuspension.co...x?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=T/MTM3325-40013

You're better off keeping your OEM shocks and just buying a leveling kit for around $100.

jeeeep

Hooked
my friend ran that on his TJ - lasted about 3 months before he took it off - really harsh ride.

IMO I've always thought the TJ's rode a bit rough

Tigereye10

Thanks guys, I didnt think it was gonna be any good, but figured I'd find out from folks whom know better than I. :thumb:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If your looking for a budget boost/ spacer lift you can really go with any. Without the shock and then spend a little more for better shocks like rancho's etc...just my 2cents:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU EXTREME

Curious as to if anyone has heard of the Trail Master kits (I've never heard of them), this afternoon my stepdad showed it to me and it pretty much looks like a budget boost with shocks good price on them but, what I'm wondering is if anyone has heard good or bad things about them? :thinking: Here's a link to it: http://www.trailmastersuspension.co...x?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=T/MTM3325-40013

DON'T BUY TRAILMASTER!!!!!!!
I have one of their coilspacer lifts, it sucks. The brand is horrible. And above all, they're catchphrase is the worst ever created.
It's just cheap. Save and get a good lift that is worth the arm and the leg.
Don't cut off your hand to realize it wasn't worth it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This looks identical to my 2" skyjacker Budget Boost i had in the very beginning since it is shocks and spacers. IMO i wouldnt get this kit. I would look into the teraflex 2.5" BB w/o shocks (or any any companies 2.5" BB w/o shocks) then get new aftermarket shocks like ranchos or bilsteins. you will be much happier that way.

Tigereye10

This looks identical to my 2" skyjacker Budget Boost i had in the very beginning since it is shocks and spacers. IMO i wouldnt get this kit. I would look into the teraflex 2.5" BB w/o shocks (or any any companies 2.5" BB w/o shocks) then get new aftermarket shocks like ranchos or bilsteins. you will be much happier that way.

That's exactly what Im looking into now

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Would I be able to run 35 tires with the 2" or would I have to go with the 3"?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes!

with flat fenders and the proper bump stops yes you could run 35's on 2"

Correct!

sounds good, Im not 100% sure I want to go with flats yet, but we'll shall see I dont have anything set in stone.

Here is our 2" system with 35's.

photo64_zpsff66185a.jpg

CONative

Looks like Trail Master is owned by Performance Automotive Group, who also produces OR-Fab, and markets their products under a couple lines. They carry a lifetime warranty on their parts and are US based. Trail Master themselves has been in business 30 years. The majority of online reviews are positive.

Seems like a pretty good deal - has anyone actually used Trail Master and has an opinion to offer or is there just a general malaise towards them?

Top Bottom