Where to Go Next

andrew2336

Hello All,

I've got a 2.5 Teraflex BB with 17/58 springs (newbie lesson 1: just go straight to coils!). This netted me about 3.25" of lift actually. I have Rancho drop brackets in front and all stock CA's still. I am pretty satisfied with my ride and my toe and caster are good (1/8 and 6*) with 35's. My front axle is off center a little but not enough to notice (aesthetically) and like I said I have no issues with ride quality.

My question comes because I have 3.21 gears. While it's drivable and I'm not hating it, I definitely want to regear in the future. I'm wondering what would be best for me to do first: get new driveshafts (or at least a rear) and rear CA's, or am I good with stock DS's to regear. Like I said I don't HATE driving with 3.21's but it would be nice to get a little bit of the pep back. So I would rather do that first (would have to save up), but I don't want to regear if I'm causing problems by running the stock driveshaft with 3.25" of lift.

Just trying to get some thoughts and make my first forum post!

Thanks everyone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For me it's a simple answer. I would regear first. Your front ds will be the first to go and if it happens and you don't have the cash yet for a new aftermarket one you can pick a up a used stock one for cheap till it's affordable.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom