5th wheel spacer.

Oscar35

I installed a spare wheel spacer for my new spare 37" tire. I was told it's capable of holding up to a 40" tire. I'm saving up to get the EVO tire carrier and in the meantime I'll roll with this. The question I have for those who have or had something like this is.....have there been any problems with the weight of the tire? And how long is it recommended to roll like this? It just doesn't feel trustworthy. Thx in advance.

Oscar35

Anyone have any input on this^^^? Won't be able to purchase the EVO tire carrier for awhile so...

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Mel wade runs a 37" nitto on a slab on a stock carrier. I'd get daystar isolators to help with keeping it secure

davantalus

Since the stock carrier is very rigid (anyone know what its made of?)... I'd be more worried about bending the sheet metal of your tailgate. Keep the wheel as close to the tailgate as possible to reduce the leverage it has on the tailgate.

Personally 35' is as far as I'd be willing to go.... have you hit some speed bumps with the 37?

StrizzyChris

Mel wade runs a 37" nitto on a slab on a stock carrier. I'd get daystar isolators to help with keeping it secure

I'm not saying anything against Mel, but I'd never do that! I have 37" Nittos on slabs and they are SUPER heavy and not what the stock carrier and tailgate were intended to withstand! Even with improved isolators, you're asking for trouble. 35's and I'd consider it an option. Invest in some form of carrier!

Oscar35

I installed an isolator from 4wheel parts. I believe it's Smitty Built. It looks like it's holding up well. I'm thinking of rolling without the spare until I can get the tire carrier. Just avoid trouble like StrizzyChris says.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I installed an isolator from 4wheel parts. I believe it's Smitty Built. It looks like it's holding up well. I'm thinking of rolling without the spare until I can get the tire carrier. Just avoid trouble like StrizzyChris says.

I hear you, I wouldn't do it, but it has been done. Be honest, I wish I had 37" spare tire problem. Unfortunately, I have no tires.

newtdog

I ran a 35 on my stock tire carrier with a MBRP extension for a while and had no issues. But then again, I've heard of guys running a 35 on the stock tire carrier for a short amount of time and the carrier started to fail. Choices, choices!

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

Top Bottom