Rugged ridge XHD snorkel

Sugarbear

Any one running the XHD snorkel on their jk it says no cutting required which I really like if it's true can anyone verify this and if I decide later on not to have it I can return it back to stock ??

904Jeep

You will need to cut a very small portion of the upper lip from passenger side fender panel, if you measure and cut well this should be unnoticeable. You will also need to drill out 3 spot welds which connect the cowl ends to the fender panel. The kit will come with a bracket and hardware to reattach the cowl end back to the fender panel should you decide to go back to stock.

Here is a link to the installation instructions: http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/170101.pdf
Steps 22-33 detail the cutting and drilling. The reinstallation of the panel is shown at the end.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If I were ever in the market for a snorkel, I'd probably get their low profile one. But I don't go through that deep of water.

904Jeep

If I were ever in the market for a snorkel, I'd probably get their low profile one. But I don't go through that deep of water.
The low mount and high mount kits are exactly the same base. The low mount is included with the high mount kit.

904Jeep

Oh no kidding? I just saw a picture of a jeep with the low one. Didn't look to bad.

It's actually interchangeable fairly easily too. Just four bolts or so to switch between mounts. I just run the high mount full time.

Top Bottom