Rim width help!

dannymalkin

I currently have 255/75r17 KM1s with stock rims. I want to get the Pro Comp 5129s in 17x8.5

I know that they will fit and understand rim dimensions, I was just wondering if I would be more likely to pop a bead while off road? Especially if aired down or not?

Here is a picture I found online pretty close to what I'm asking about, it looks like there is space where the bead is seated on the rim. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1398970630730.jpg
    1398970630730.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

dannymalkin

Sorry I edited it now. I am asking about the bead becoming unseated while either aired down or under normal pressure.

Yes,

The 8.5" width rim is on the wide side for a 255/75r17. This will cause you to unseat the bead MUCH more easily. On non bead lock rims I prefer to stay on the narrow side when selecting wheel diameters.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned it will be easier to pop a bead. i basically run a "poor mans beadlock" because i run a 12.5" wide nitto on 8" wide wheels. it makes it really easy to hold the bead when aired down

HILLZ

as mentioned it will be easier to pop a bead. i basically run a "poor mans beadlock" because i run a 12.5" wide nitto on 8" wide wheels. it makes it really easy to hold the bead when aired down

whats a poor mans beadlock? :thinking:

i'm looking at putting some 35x12.5's on to some 17x9 steelies

Top Bottom