Next Upgrade. EVO long arm? Coilovers?

JandSJK

So around July I plan on doing some upgrading to the JK. I currently have the 3" Enforcer lift w/2.5 Kings. I also have Currie lower rear arms and Synergy F/R uppers. So what I'm thinking is either doing the High clearance long arm upgrade w/King air bumps front and rear. Or Keeping my current control arm set up and make the switch to coil overs. I haven't decided if I want to do the bolt on or the full conversion and the evo lever rear. I know I want the DTD but not sure the amount and type of wheeling that I normally do warrants DTD and then there is the cost of the DTD. What do you guys think would be the best use of my build budget would be?

hlax2525

It all depends on the type of wheeling you're going to be doing. In our minds we all want full dtd Long arm with evo lever, but in hindsight we usually don't need it all. Unless you're going to be doing crazy fast whoops in the desert or huge rocks like Eddie and those guys do out west, I would say go with whatever suits your needs better

JandSJK

Well I have a wide range of places I generally go during the year. I've got high desert with fast washes and rock crawling. Sand dunes on the coast. Mud/rock garden trail systems. All of this a couple hours from my house depending on the direction I head. We do head to So Cal to visit family in Fullerton and Temecula a couple times a year

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

hlax2525

Ok based on that it seems like they could be helpful to you. I would call and talk to drew at ORE and see what he thinks is better for you as he works with decisions like this everyday

MTG

Caught the Bug
How much of a difference are you expecting between your current set up and the bolt-ons?

JandSJK

How much of a difference are you expecting between your current set up and the bolt-ons?

Honestly I'm not sure that's why I thought I throw it out there and see what other's had experienced. I'm kinda leaning towards the long arm but just wanted some other input.

JandSJK

Ok based on that it seems like they could be helpful to you. I would call and talk to drew at ORE and see what he thinks is better for you as he works with decisions like this everyday

I will be in Fullerton in a couple weeks and plan on stopping by and talking with them to see what they suggest also. I'm just impatient and wanted to know what other people thought as well

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The enforcer with the kings is a great set up as it is! That being said I would look into the long arms first as it will help with your on road handling

Sent from my iPhone

JandSJK

so let me check my math with the genius that is overlander

front boltons $1750 rear boltons $1850 that $3600

Front bumps $495 Rear bumps $715 Long arm up grade $2400 thats $3610

Now i did say around $3500 and i guess if we were on price is right i would have lost the showcase showdown.

As far as the labor all that is going to cost is the amount of pepsi and rum i drink during the install. I'm a certified welder and and have all the necessary tools and equipment to complete either install. the only part the really throws my cost curve off is the rear evo lever being $3200.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
so let me check my math with the genius that is overlander

front boltons $1750 rear boltons $1850 that $3600

Front bumps $495 Rear bumps $715 Long arm up grade $2400 thats $3610

Now i did say around $3500 and i guess if we were on price is right i would have lost the showcase showdown.

As far as the labor all that is going to cost is the amount of pepsi and rum i drink during the install. I'm a certified welder and and have all the necessary tools and equipment to complete either install

Maybe say all that info in your first post. Since I am only a certified genius I cannot read minds. Maybe for my next trick I will learn that.

Top Bottom