Lift build question help

JKMigs

Ok so I have been doing some research and there are so many threads and pros and cons on what I'm trying to do that I figured I would just put my question out there and get the best answer/opinion for my situation.

Ok so first off I'll tell you about my Jeep. I have a 2012 JKU with a 2.5" lift 35's and 4:56 gears. Here's what I'm looking for I have come across some amazing parts and I'm trying to piece together my lift. I have a 4" TF kit which includes
4 inch coils
Teraflex shocks
Teraflex coil spacers and isolators
New brake lines
Bump stop extentions
Rear Sway bar links
Rear track bar relocation bracket Coil retainer clips
Front HD monster adjustable Track bar
3-6" Ft sway bar quick discos

It does not include any CA's so my question is can I
A) piece together the lift
B) go with the AEV JK geometry correction front control arm drop brackets
C) purchase all 8 TF control arms
D) purchase only front CA's
Or
E) insert best answer or opinion.

Oh yeah this is a DD and I do roughly 1-200 miles a day and currently my OR trips are more like 1 every 2 months.

Thank you for your time.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
so you have a 2.5" already with 35" tires and you want a 4" lift with 35" tires?

RockyJk

Wouldn't do the aev cause you'll loose clearance kinda defeats the purpose of the lift lol

JKMigs

so you have a 2.5" already with 35" tires and you want a 4" lift with 35" tires?

Yes I have a 2.5" and want a 4"

Also the items listed is what is being given to me so I'm trying to figure what I need to make this set up work.

JKMigs

Wouldn't do the aev cause you'll loose clearance kinda defeats the purpose of the lift lol

Ok so how would going with an AEV make me loose clearance? Are you talking about if I go with the Geometry correction control arm brackets? Those are the same they use in the 4.5" lift so not sure why I would loose clearance?

RockyJk

Ok so how would going with an AEV make me loose clearance? Are you talking about if I go with the Geometry correction control arm brackets? Those are the same they use in the 4.5" lift so not sure why I would loose clearance?

Those brackets hang low

JKMigs

Oh ok, well then. If I was to sell this kit and get a compete kit what's a decent lift? I want the height that says I'm lifted and will allow me to enjoy the trails. My uncle had a 4" on his TJ and I loved it. Had no problems crawling over anything. He went procomp with bilsteins but he only knows TJ has no clue on the JKU

Look at the enforcer by EVO. Love the ride. I had the Pro Comp and did not like the ride. Super stiff. I have the 3 in Plush Ride paired with Ranch RS 9000XL and love the ride both in and off road.

Landman

Look at the enforcer by EVO. Love the ride. I had the Pro Comp and did not like the ride. Super stiff. I have the 3 in Plush Ride paired with Ranch RS 9000XL and love the ride both in and off road.

I second this^

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

I wouldn't go over 3" if you're going to stay with 35s. I agree with the 3" Evo enforcer. I just installed the 3" plush ride coils that come with that lift and it made a world of difference. I've heard from multiple sources that they weren't too happy with the teraflex system because it's a little too stiff. I would personally sell the TF stuff and go with the enforcer, or if you want to piece it together start with the 3" coils and shocks of your choice (I hear the rancho 7000 and 9000 pair nicely and is what I'm going with next). Then adjustable lower CAs would be next on my list to correct caster and the evo drag link flip kit to give you your steering geometry back to where it should be to top it off. With that you should have a pretty solid ride on and off road. Hopefully others will chime in if anything I said isn't correct or suggested because after doing some research and getting help on here, this is exactly what I'm in the process of doing haha

JKMigs

I wouldn't go over 3" if you're going to stay with 35s. I agree with the 3" Evo enforcer. I just installed the 3" plush ride coils that come with that lift and it made a world of difference. I've heard from multiple sources that they weren't too happy with the teraflex system because it's a little too stiff. I would personally sell the TF stuff and go with the enforcer, or if you want to piece it together start with the 3" coils and shocks of your choice (I hear the rancho 7000 and 9000 pair nicely and is what I'm going with next). Then adjustable lower CAs would be next on my list to correct caster and the evo drag link flip kit to give you your steering geometry back to where it should be to top it off. With that you should have a pretty solid ride on and off road. Hopefully others will chime in if anything I said isn't correct or suggested because after doing some research and getting help on here, this is exactly what I'm in the process of doing haha

Thanks man. Looks like I'm going to do some research on all these things.

Also I don't plan on staying with 35's I would love to upgrade to 37's once my 35's wear down. So with that said that's why I was thinking 4"

Devallee

Thanks man. Looks like I'm going to do some research on all these things.

Also I don't plan on staying with 35's I would love to upgrade to 37's once my 35's wear down. So with that said that's why I was thinking 4"

With that said, everything would stay the same but you'd get the 4" plush rides instead of the 3". With the 4" I'd advise getting the lower control arms and flip kit at the same time or asap after the springs because 4" will effect your steering geometry and caster even more than the 3"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKMigs

Well so much to think about. I'm just going to do it. Hey it's called. Build for a reason right? Just going to have to start looking for parts and who knows maybe by the time I get everything I'll be ready for those 37's the. Again I'll probably want a 6" lift lol

JKMigs

Well after doing some research and everyone's help here I was going to sell the lift and go with a Zone 3.25" lift and then I came across some Rock Krawler adjustable control arms so back to researching things and really doing some praying and thinking about what to do. Well I spoke to a tech at TeraFlex and also spoke to someone over at Rock Krawler and was given some really good insite. So after all this time and research I have decided to with the lift, bought the control arms and will be running the 4" lift. I'm excited and know it will look good. I'll have to do a build thread because I have a lot ok doing shortly. One is I've been sponsored by ACE so it's going to be even nicer haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I spoke to a tech at TeraFlex and also spoke to someone over at Rock Krawler and was given some really good insite. So after all this time and research I have decided to with the lift, bought the control arms and will be running the 4" lift.

To be fair, you spoke to companies who want you to buy their products and they SOLD you on what you wanted to hear. And really, who could blame them but to suggest they gave you "good insite" is a bit gullible.

One is I've been sponsored by ACE so it's going to be even nicer haha

You're "sponsored by ACE"? What exactly does that mean?

JKMigs

To be fair, you spoke to companies who want you to buy their products and they SOLD you on what you wanted to hear. And really, who could blame them but to suggest they gave you "good insite" is a bit gullible.

I understand what your saying but they aren't selling me on anything. I didn't buy any parts from them I bought used parts so I feel better than them trying to actually sell me on a product. Also when I asked if I needed the uppers the sales rep told me not to worry about it most people wait on them if they don't have the $$ he also told me not to worry about my rear driveshaft and run it till I break it and honestly he's running 37's with the OEM DS so again something else they could have sold me on so that's why I felt confident. However if you can tell me what you suggest? I can always sell the TF lift with the RK Control Arms and stay with my 2.5" but for the price that I got everything a 4" lift is pretty stinking awesome.

I just know I want the height and look. I have a jeep and want the clearance. I don't want to be looked at as a mall crawler because I'm at 2.5" of lift. I thought about going with a 3" Zone and then 1" body but figured with what I got it would work.

Love the videos by the way

ACE Engineering just approved my sponsorship.

JKMigs

Cool, so what company on the lift? Rk or teraflex?

Lift is a TeraFlex and the control arms are RK. I'm saving up for Fox RR TF tuned shocks. The guys at Vertical 4 seem to like them and honestly I've wanted RR since I could remember.

MICP3309

This: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399701443.759266.jpg
If you buy there stuff they take 15% off and give you a bunch of stickers/decals to put on your jeep. So I'd say it's a "sponsorship"

Northridge was doing 10% + free shipping... Easily could be at 15% +
I didn't consider that a sponsorship!

Top Bottom