Love Southwest airlines!

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you have to travel on the west coast, you really can't beat it. With a wifi flight which was free with my A-list preferred membership. I just spent the last hour an a half surfing the forums and watching wayoflife videos on YouTube and Vimeo (watched last year's JKX to be exact). Travel doesn't get much better than that!

StrizzyChris

I wanted to be a southwest convert. I like the ideas of no frills, no bs and upcharging. BUT....every time i look to purchase through priceline or orbitz, they beat Southwest every time. Not sure if it is because all my flights are to the east coast/midwest though?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I always fly Southwest! They give a military/veterans discount if you call in to 1-800-IFLYSWA. Always get the best price from them.

GCM 2

I think it's a great deal for occasional or moderate travelers, but since I average between 150k-200k air miles a year, I enjoy my first class upgrades on my economy tickets purchased with Delta. I will say that wifi on planes is the greatest addition in a service since free TSA groping sessions ;)

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
I think it's a great deal for occasional or moderate travelers, but since I average between 150k-200k air miles a year, I enjoy my first class upgrades on my economy tickets purchased with Delta. I will say that wifi on planes is the greatest addition in a service since free TSA groping sessions ;)

Yeah, it's best for flights 2 hours or less (west coast). I fly back and forth between Reno and Vegas all the time. It's an hour and twenty minutes and there are about ten flights each day, so depending on when get done I can usually hop an earlier or later flight for no charge. Plus I fly enough that I get free drinks, have a shit-ton of free flights for vacation and my wife can fly anywhere I go free of charge with the companion pass!

Love me some "extra" screening when that little bell goes off. ;)

LoPo

Caught the Bug

Screw waiting for the bell, I request it.

If you have to travel on the west coast, you really can't beat it. With a wifi flight which was free with my A-list preferred membership. I just spent the last hour an a half surfing the forums and watching wayoflife videos on YouTube and Vimeo (watched last year's JKX to be exact). Travel doesn't get much better than that!

Yeah we pretty much only fly Southwest unless the location is further east than Denver or greater than a single stop. I logged 42 roundtrip SWA flights in 2006, the first year I moved up here from Orange County. Wish they had Wifi at that time! I agree, the WiFi on planes these days rules.

GCM 2

MTG said:
Yeah, it's best for flights 2 hours or less (west coast). I fly back and forth between Reno and Vegas all the time. It's an hour and twenty minutes and there are about ten flights each day, so depending on when get done I can usually hop an earlier or later flight for no charge. Plus I fly enough that I get free drinks, have a shit-ton of free flights for vacation and my wife can fly anywhere I go free of charge with the companion pass!

I do miss the free flights on southwest, I used to have a ton of those too and the wife took full advantage of those. Ahhhh, those less than two hour flights, how I do enjoy those, but I rarely have any lately that short. Here is my 23hr flight (including layovers) starting on the 27th to get me home for the JKX! Fortunately I'm upgraded the whole way ;)

Attachments

• image-3111092933.jpg
    image-3111092933.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom