looking at a trade.

jsum87

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have a question. I have a 2006 TJ with 56,000 miles on it. My wife and I have been wanting a 4door JK and we found one within our price range. The question is, is it worth it? It's an 07 4door JK Unlimited X, auto, hard top, 139,000 mi for $16,000. Opinions please. I'd be trading my 06 TJ.

I've never dealt with JKs and wondering if 139,000 mi would be an issue anytime soon.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

13gecko

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have a question. I have a 2006 TJ with 56,000 miles on it. My wife and I have been wanting a 4door JK and we found one within our price range. The question is, is it worth it? It's an 07 4door JK Unlimited X, auto, hard top, 139,000 mi for $16,000. Opinions please. I'd be trading my 06 TJ.

I've never dealt with JKs and wondering if 139,000 mi would be an issue anytime soon.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

In my opinion the 07 is over priced. I picked up my wife's JK Sport for a little over 15K (Dealer listed it for 17,900) and it had 40K miles on it. Granted it's only a 2dr and your looking at a 4dr...but that still seems pretty high.

*Edited for auto correct :banghead:

kyle521

Overpriced. I bought my 07 jku X over 2 years for $14500 with 86k on it. For 16k today you can probably find a decent one with under 80k miles. You might be able to find a rubicon with high miles for a little bit more.

newtdog

Even for Cali, I would say it's a little overpriced! Try to talk them down a bit.

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

jsum87

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go look at it and see what they can do for me. I won't pay more than $14,000.

newtdog

Even for Cali, I would say it's a little overpriced! Try to talk them down a bit.

I did some research and it if you don't mind the miles issue, it looks like it wouldn't be a bad deal if you talk them down a little.

amel22

Nope. Nope. Nope. Too much and crazy high mileage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jsum87

Wow. I really appreciate the feedback. Not what I wanted to hear but better to know now than later.

suicideking

Also, if you're going to build it for wheeling, be careful of getting an 07. Lots of them (all?) have a D35 diff in the rear whereas all of the 08 and above have a D44 in the rear. If you're not going to lift and put larger tires on, not a big deal.

Also, if you're going to build it for wheeling, be careful of getting an 07. Lots of them (all?) have a D35 diff in the rear whereas all of the 08 and above have a D44 in the rear. If you're not going to lift and put larger tires on, not a big deal.

Wrong.... Mine had a 44, it's my understanding they changed mid year.

Brankz

Way over priced! Any ways don't do what I did when I got my rig I did not know anything about it I just knew it look bad ass, I pay 21k before taxes I posted a pick of the dealer price tag in my first days in wayalife.
for my 08 with 46k miles on it :/
The dealer ripp me off completely :( few months ago I try to trade I was going to loss to much money so I desired not to do it plus I did not got approve lol
Look around more you will find something better for that price.
And it's better buying a bone stock rick than a mod one

jsum87

I've been looking around for about 6 months and this is the best deal I've found. Everything else is over $20,000.

How do I look at an axle to know if it's a D44? Or is there another way to know?

seanb123

I've been looking around for about 6 months and this is the best deal I've found. Everything else is over $20,000.

How do I look at an axle to know if it's a D44? Or is there another way to know?

D35 round diff cover d44 not so round diff cover

Top Bottom