Evap relocate or skid ?

StrizzyChris

Even with the skid, you'll have to move it over a little bit or else you will have contact with the rear driveshaft (if lifted and still running stock rear DS). I would have done the relocation if I didn't get such a great deal on a GenRight skid.

newtdog

Relocation is probably better but I have a skid plate for it. No issues so far.

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

JAGS

Hooked
I just installed the PS evap skid. Thing is super tough. I have a 2012 and with the PS skid I actually gained side clearance to the rear DS as well as some ground clearance as compared to the stock "skid." The relocation was a bit too involved for me to tackle as a newb. Extending all the lines and re-mounting, etc. The PS skid was pretty much cheap and easy and hopefully will do the job.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I up until I got an LS installed on Moby, neither. In the last 7+ years, I had knocked it off 4 times and damaged it enough once to require it's replacement. At the time, it cost me about $75 to replace. I have since relocated it but only because of my new exhaust setup. Rubicat has the factory skid and it seems to work fine. Of course, I just play at the mall. :crazyeyes:

JungerJk

I've also gone with the PS Skid, and haven't had any issues to date (knocking on wood). I'm only running a 3in lift, and still have the stock rear drive shaft.

Top Bottom