New Wrangler coming as a 2017 model!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I was just about to post this up but, looks like you beat me to it :crazyeyes:

Being that 2016 is the 75th Anniversary, I'm kind of surprised that the Wrangler will not be getting a reboot that year but, I'm sure we will be seeing them on the road by about the middle of the year. Of course, 2017 would be 10 years since the introduction of the JK so, I suppose it would make sense for that too. I honestly can't wait for it to come out :yup:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
LOL!! I was just about to post this up but, looks like you beat me to it :crazyeyes:

Being that 2016 is the 75th Anniversary, I'm kind of surprised that the Wrangler will not be getting a reboot that year but, I'm sure we will be seeing them on the road by about the middle of the year. Of course, 2017 would be 10 years since the introduction of the JK so, I suppose it would make sense for that too. I honestly can't wait for it to come out :yup:

I posted fresh 2015 wrangler info in the JK section (figured shoppers would be looking there first). Honestly Eddie, it just makes sense. They are churning these things out faster than the factory can make em, literally. The Toledo plant is running 24 hours a day and they still can't make enough of em. It would be crazy to stop now....they are going to milk the hell out of the JK until the Cafe standards basically force them to swap over, so I'd expect a new wrangler no sooner than 2018 model year, or maybe they will do it in stages....new motor to comply, most likely a 4 banger diesel, then the rest. What I do know is that they have this monster cash cow and the shareholders would go apesh!t if they paused production.:crazyeyes:

it will be interesting to see what they keep on the 2017 Wrangler that is used on the JK. Looks like JK parts are going to be going down maybe?

R/
Will

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
it will be interesting to see what they keep on the 2017 Wrangler that is used on the JK. Looks like JK parts are going to be going down maybe?

R/
Will

If you read the blurb, you'll see that the wrangler priorities are MPG last...so, my prediction would be an aluminum tub, doors, etc, with a 4 banger diesel engine. That should squeak it by the CAFE standards. I don't think they will dump the solid axles, but time will tell.

MTG

Caught the Bug
This is great! I hope they push the JK out as far as possible. That way when I'm ready to buy a used jeep for my kid I'll be able to grab a nice gently used one from a soccer mom to use as our build project. :rock:

Of course gas will be $10 a gallon by then. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I posted fresh 2015 wrangler info in the JK section (figured shoppers would be looking there first). Honestly Eddie, it just makes sense. They are churning these things out faster than the factory can make em, literally. The Toledo plant is running 24 hours a day and they still can't make enough of em. It would be crazy to stop now....they are going to milk the hell out of the JK until the Cafe standards basically force them to swap over, so I'd expect a new wrangler no sooner than 2018 model year, or maybe they will do it in stages....new motor to comply, most likely a 4 banger diesel, then the rest. What I do know is that they have this monster cash cow and the shareholders would go apesh!t if they paused production.:crazyeyes:

Yeah, I've heard the same and from a reliable source. I still love my JK but it's been around a long time and I'm just getting eager for something new to build up. :yup:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You're a funny man! :cheesy:

With the parts manufacturers making money hand over fist off us JK folks.... I don't see a price break in sight :grayno:

Especially with so many JKs out there...unless all the enthusiasts start jumping ship to whatever platform comes after the JK, plummeting the purchasing of JK parts, I don't see any price relief in sight. :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Me too! I just hope its close to the red mopar pickup concept that Dynatrac had at their booth for a few events! :thumb:

The J12? I'd rather just find an old nukizer. I'd like something modern looking, there are enough old jeeps on there if I want retro.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think the prior CEOs thought it would cannibalize RAM sales, but now they realize that it would be a small pickup like a tacoma that people would use for offroading/mild hauling rather than heavy duty truck work.

GCM 2

I think the prior CEOs thought it would cannibalize RAM sales, but now they realize that it would be a small pickup like a tacoma that people would use for offroading/mild hauling rather than heavy duty truck work.

This is a somewhat similar to Ford's concept. When their Super Duty line changed into its own separate med and heavy duty line up with totally different body style from the light duty line up (F150), people thought the corporate heads were nuts to split the two. Customers would not be able to discern which model is right for them. It only defined each category so completely, that it really made sense.

Then when Ford did the same with the Raptor, people said they were nuts again for giving "too focused of build for a truck". They can't keep Raptors on dealer lots, they are always in demand.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I'm pumped to find out about that diesel. That's about the only thing that's get me out of Ole Red. Otherwise I'll be LS swapping in 4-5 years.

Top Bottom