Bronco Peak Run - Sunday August 19th Southern California

mackey

Anyone interested in Bronco Peak trail (San Diego area) and possible the Connector and Sidewinder this Sunday, August 19th. Got to beat this heat wave and the weather is suppose to be in the low 70's this Sunday at the trail. A small group is planning on meeting at 4 corners at 0900 hours. My understanding on how to get there is take the 8 to Buckman Springs Rd, make a right if ur coming from the west and go about 4 miles. turn right at the rockwall, just bfeore on the right side there is a sign that says Corral Canyon OHV park. take the dirt rd all the way and it will turn into pavement. u will pass a Navy Seal compound that will be on ur right and go over the bridge. follow the rd up the side of the mountain and it will come out at a gravel parking lot known as 4 corners. The internet says the GPS coords are N32 43.468 W116 33.552. It will be my first time there so any input will be great.

mackey

Ok, so some people are telling me this is a very difficult trail. Anyone been on it? What's it compare to?

jelliott076

Anyone interested in Bronco Peak trail (San Diego area) and possible the Connector and Sidewinder this Sunday, August 19th. Got to beat this heat wave and the weather is suppose to be in the low 70's this Sunday at the trail. A small group is planning on meeting at 4 corners at 0900 hours. My understanding on how to get there is take the 8 to Buckman Springs Rd, make a right if ur coming from the west and go about 4 miles. turn right at the rockwall, just bfeore on the right side there is a sign that says Corral Canyon OHV park. take the dirt rd all the way and it will turn into pavement. u will pass a Navy Seal compound that will be on ur right and go over the bridge. follow the rd up the side of the mountain and it will come out at a gravel parking lot known as 4 corners. The internet says the GPS coords are N32 43.468 W116 33.552. It will be my first time there so any input will be great.

I was just down in that area last weekend. I would have loved low 70's! It was 110f during the day and 105 at 3am. We were exploring around the Pacific Crest Trail and then wheeling at Valley of the Moon. I'm sure you've seen videos of the area, but these show some of the technical parts of the trail. Looks like a fun area and it's about an hour east of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ln8Lf8IM9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSA2gzNsYo This look pretty good and shows a good portion of the trail.

I'd love to go on this one, but I'm stuck working and can't bail out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so some people are telling me this is a very difficult trail. Anyone been on it? What's it compare to?

sidewinder and bronco peak aren't too bad. the connector is tough but, not any harder than anything you've done on the rubicon.

Top Bottom