I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vettethret

So I got it in my head that I wanted a Grand Cherokee SRT because I missed having power coming from Corvettes/Vipers, and didnt want to rip out my RK suspension and start over with EVO stuff, including new slabs. Once I started actually wheeling my rig I regretted not getting EVO Coil overs and slabs, big time. So I list my rig a months ago and a guy from Arizona comes and picks it up. Fast forward to now. I have a 14 SRT, lowered on 22's, and I am REGRETTING my decision!! I miss my frigging Rubicon.

I told the wife I wanted to thow my SRT on swap a lease and buy another Rubicon (It would be my third built one in 3 years), and lets just say she wasnt pleased, AT ALL! The SRT jeep is a computer on 4 wheels, cost 72k and Brakes/Handles like a Viper, and yet I want another Rubicon! I seriously have a deep rooted Sickness that costs me THOUSANDS on dollars and keeps me broke. I was thinking about holding on for the new 16/17 Rubicon but cant wait. If I can dump the SRT, I will build a Rubicon with EVO gear this time around. The three times I went out wheeling was some of the most fun Ive ever had and could defintiley see how well the Coil overs worked. Man I am a complete Douche, this is going to get REAL expensive!

JEEPA.jpg

Vettethret

So I got it in my head that I wanted a Grand Cherokee SRT because I missed having power coming from Corvettes/Vipers, and didnt want to rip out my RK suspension and start over with EVO stuff, including new slabs. Once I started actually wheeling my rig I regretted not getting EVO Coil overs and slabs, big time. So I list my rig a months ago and a guy from Arizona comes and picks it up. Fast forward to now. I have a 14 SRT, lowered on 22's, and I am REGRETTING my decision!! I miss my frigging Rubicon.

I told the wife I wanted to thow my SRT on swap a lease and buy another Rubicon (It would be my third built one in 3 years), and lets just say she wasnt pleased, AT ALL! The SRT jeep is a computer on 4 wheels, cost 72k and Brakes/Handles like a Viper, and yet I want another Rubicon? I seriously have a deep rooted Sickness that costs me THOUSANDS on dollars and keeps me broke. I was thinking about holding on for the new 16/17 Rubicon but cant wait. If I can dump the SRT, I will build a Rubicon with EVO gear this time around. The three times I went out wheeling was some of the most fun Ive ever had and could defintiley see how well the Coil overs worked. Man I am a complete Douche, this is going to get REAL expensive!

View attachment 82089

JEEP NOW.jpg

noroad

hey its a wayalife, at first your like i wont miss it and boom 4 months go by and your not sleeping over it!! I did the same thing had a nice lifted yj sold it for a PASSAT yes a PASSAT lol. had that for a very short time and bought my 2012, i will never be happy unless there is a wrangler in my driveway! So sell that thing and start the new build!

You are not alone. Last year in this time we traded the wife's car in for a 14 Grand Cherokee limited. It lasted about 6 months and we traded it for another Lexus. If I were you bight the bullet now and move on your Rubicon. Then again it is not my money so it is easy for me to say.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Vettethret

hey its a wayalife, at first your like i wont miss it and boom 4 months go by and your not sleeping over it!! I did the same thing had a nice lifted yj sold it for a PASSAT yes a PASSAT lol. had that for a very short time and bought my 2012, i will never be happy unless there is a wrangler in my driveway! So sell that thing and start the new build!

Thats classic, Passat! I question my decsision making process on a DAILY basis!

MICP3309

I'll let you guys have a field day with this.. While I didn't trade it in, when my TJ was wrecked, the replacement car I was given by a friend (cause I had no money from being in school) wait for it..... Wait for it........... A VW Bug :cheesy: Yes that's right I went from the greatest thing to drive to something that has a built in flower vase on the dash ! My only saving grace was it was a 1.8 T and would hit 130 mph, so I could actually beat guys off the line in a drag then mock them for losing to a Bug!

For the OP I'd say your in a great spot now, you know what you want, and can build it right the first time!

MTG

Caught the Bug
72K is a pretty nice ORE built jeep. :yup: But hey at least you have air conditioned seats...you did get air conditioned seats right?

Vettethret

It's only money, you can always make more, convincing the wife of that may be a challenge though!

The funny thing is, she has no idea how much I spent buidling the 1st two rigs, I'm pretty sure she would Divorce me if she knew! When I told her I was going to build another Rubicon and get my 5th new Car in 4 years, she called me a "Fucking IDIOT":crazyeyes:

noroad

The funny thing is, she has no idea how much I spent buidling the 1st two rigs, I'm pretty sure she would Divorce me if she knew! When I told her I was going to build another Rubicon and get my 5th new Car in 4 years, she called me a "Fucking IDIOT":crazyeyes:

women just dont get it lol cars are to men what shoes are to women! (this is not all just most women)

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

I told the wife I wanted to thow my SRT on swap a lease and buy another Rubicon (It would be my third built one in 3 years), and lets just say she wasnt pleased, AT ALL! The SRT jeep is a computer on 4 wheels, cost 72k and Brakes/Handles like a Viper, and yet I want another Rubicon! I seriously have a deep rooted Sickness that costs me THOUSANDS on dollars and keeps me broke. I was thinking about holding on for the new 16/17 Rubicon but cant wait. If I can dump the SRT, I will build a Rubicon with EVO gear this time around. The three times I went out wheeling was some of the most fun Ive ever had and could defintiley see how well the Coil overs worked. Man I am a complete Douche, this is going to get REAL expensive!

View attachment 82089

I did nearly the EXACT same thing...only I didnt start with a JK first. I knew I always wanted one, but made the mistake of buying a Range Rover, selling it 7 months later, ALMOST buying a JK and then buying a 2013 GC SRT-8 selling it 6 months later for a 2014 JKUR. You cant look back thinking about how much money you wasted, you've just got to realize this is a hobby that has TERRIBLE ROI and its the price you pay to play. I wouldnt wait for 2016 anyways. Its going to be at least 6 months to a year after the release before there is any reasonable amount of aftermarket parts and then you'll be at the beginning of the development cycle. There COULD even be a new IRS to deal with . Who knows?

GCM 2

Yep, remember you from the other forum and all the problems you had with your jeep. Good luck on this next build:thumb:

eddy

Just keep the SRT, that is nice! Wait for the new wrangler in 2018. Keep her happy man. That's what I say, but that's me.

Vettethret

I did nearly the EXACT same thing...only I didnt start with a JK first. I knew I always wanted one, but made the mistake of buying a Range Rover, selling it 7 months later, ALMOST buying a JK and then buying a 2013 GC SRT-8 selling it 6 months later for a 2014 JKUR. You cant look back thinking about how much money you wasted, you've just got to realize this is a hobby that has TERRIBLE ROI and its the price you pay to play. I wouldnt wait for 2016 anyways. Its going to be at least 6 months to a year after the release before there is any reasonable amount of aftermarket parts and then you'll be at the beginning of the development cycle. There COULD even be a new IRS to deal with . Who knows?

How did you like the SRT? The dash/computer/brakes and0-60 on this thing is crazy on this thing is incredible. I was thinking about the future JK as well, ecspecially if they go IRS, it will be awhile for any future mods!

Vettethret

Yep, remember you from the other forum and all the problems you had with your jeep. Good luck on this next build:thumb:

Thanks, I am not putting anything other than EVO this time around for the suspension, and am doing Long Arms out of the gate. Getting a chubby just thinking about a new build!!!!!!!!!:D

Top Bottom