New 2014 Wrangler with dead battery this a.m.

duane

Bought new 1/13/14 2,403 miles . I bought a Duralast Gold H-6 DLG 5 year warrenty $ 150 out the door. The Stealer ship wanted to tow & charge it's new & dead . Duane

ghostryder

Bought new 1/13/14 2,403 miles . I bought a Duralast Gold H-6 DLG 5 year warrenty $ 150 out the door. The Stealer ship wanted to tow & charge it's new & dead . Duane

why did you buy a battery for a brand new vehicle?
was there a question in this post?
if so what was it?

davantalus

why did you buy a battery for a brand new vehicle?
Because the dealership wanted to charge him more and he didn't want to waste all day on it? OP does seem certain beyond all doubt that he didn't leave the lights on, though, *shrug*

was there a question in this post?
Nope! He just wanted to stick a datapoint up on the forums... perhaps other 2014's have had battery issues and haven't posted about it? Never know. It's good to know about when you're going to Death Valley in summer no? C5 Corvettes of a certain years were notorious for draining batteries when left in a particular gear (iirc).

ghostryder

Because the dealership wanted to charge him more and he didn't want to waste all day on it? OP does seem certain beyond all doubt that he didn't leave the lights on, though, *shrug*

Nope! He just wanted to stick a datapoint up on the forums... perhaps other 2014's have had battery issues and haven't posted about it? Never know. It's good to know about when you're going to Death Valley in summer no? C5 Corvettes of a certain years were notorious for draining batteries when left in a particular gear (iirc).

i was wondering cause i have a 2014 bought in feb and my lights ,even when i leave them on, go off after about 15 min automatically ,if the key is out of it.*

and i asked why he bought one cause if its that new the dealership should have taken care of that cause its brand new and there is no way the battery should have been drained that soon so if it did then it was defective. service after the sell is a big thing for me.:grayno:

jeeeep

Hooked
dead battery dude - jump it ........dead battery dude - jump it ........ dead battery dude - jump it

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I have a really hard time understanding why this isn't a warranty issue. 2400 miles. Truck less than a year old. Swap a battery, bill Chrysler.

ghostryder

I have a really hard time understanding why this isn't a warranty issue. 2400 miles. Truck less than a year old. Swap a battery, bill Chrysler.

thank you thats exactly what i was trying to say :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

DMF

My 2014 battery has been working great especially when I like to mickey mouse with alarm systems. I have a Viper 5706 2way with Smart Start and motion sensor. The 1st 2 months was terrible. I couldn't get the sensors to dial in correctly and the alarm would chirp or go off all day long. I'm glad my neighbors tell me they like me to my face. Anyways battery have been working good so far in my '14.

Top Bottom