Weird dash lights

Devallee

Anybody know why I could be getting these lights? They just pop on and off randomly every once in a while. I haven't noticed anything different in the Jeep but it is kind of annoying sometimes. I can't find anything online about it. Any help would be appreciated. http://youtu.be/wpgaSJHx2to

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

I didn't. I said the time that you were referring to. I didn't say it'll fix his problem.

Me neither I say that you maybe have a chance in fixing it, cause I had some funny light (tire pressure sensors) popping on me, funny deal is that I don't have a tps and by resetting the PC fix my problem

JK-Fam

The hill descent light, traction control a random chime and the PRND indicators started going crazy on me during a wheeling trip this weekend. Went through a bunch of mud and water puddles so could have been that I guess? The problem didn't start until about half an hour after the worst mud pit. Ultimately It went away after a few minutes and has not resurfaced again. My Diablosport pulled no codes either. I never did a battery reset but if yours won't go away it couldn't hurt to try.

Tcdawg

Ok sorry lets try that again haha http://youtu.be/wpgaSJHx2to

that is one tough video to watch. I had to turn my laptop sideways and watch it like 5 times to figure anything out.

You have a low tire pressure light on, ESP light, traction control light and the airbag light....is that correct.

1. check your steering wheel, is it straight?
2. check your tire pressure.
3. check your speed sensors and wires at each wheel

If you find an issue with any of these, fix it and see what that does for you.

Did you do disconnect the battery for 15 minutes yet to see if that helped?

Last thing you could do is take it to a dealer and let them read their codes and see if there is a code that would tell you whats up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see an airbag light on. Only ABS, traction control, ESP/BAS, TPMS and the security light in the corner... or, was that the hill assist light? Either way, seems like you might have a loose connector at the TIPM or wiring harness.

Tcdawg

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see an airbag light on. Only ABS, traction control, ESP/BAS, TPMS and the security light in the corner... or, was that the hill assist light? Either way, seems like you might have a loose connector at the TIPM or wiring harness.

I watched the video again and it looks like it is the ABS light rather than the airbag light

Devallee

Abs, traction control, and esp I know are on. I was questioning the tpms light and the security light in the corner (I'm so annoying, sorry for not explaining all of this in the first place). They flash on and off like that randomly. But Eddie, how do I check the TIPM or wiring harness? I have never noticed the jeep acting any different when it happens, but I'd like to at least know what's causing it just in case it does affect something one day

jeeeep

Hooked
check all your ground cables....

if it is your TIPM it's not cheap and you need to get one exactly for your model year, they use the VIN to get a match.

I have a 2010 - $1k to replace the TIPM because the rear door power lock relays failed and from what I was told, they are on the bottom layer of the TIPM.

It's not easily taken apart, 7 layers and lots of various connectors - damn multi relay switching.

I now have manual locking rear doors :beer:

Devallee

check all your ground cables....

if it is your TIPM it's not cheap and you need to get one exactly for your model year, they use the VIN to get a match.

I have a 2010 - $1k to replace the TIPM because the rear door power lock relays failed and from what I was told, they are on the bottom layer of the TIPM.

It's not easily taken apart, 7 layers and lots of various connectors - damn multi relay switching.

I now have manual locking rear doors :beer:

Greattttt my rear passenger door power lock doesn't work either. Also my radio/subs fade in and out sometimes which I also was told could be my TIPM...looks like another paycheck is goin in the pooper. This is something I would have to have the dealer check then right? Not a local shop?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom