Trail Musicians

Jeeper Jr.

Any musicians on here? If so, what do you play? And do you play out on the trail?

I thought it would be great if fellow musicians could find each other on here and perhaps be able to play together on the trail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeeper Jr.

I'll go first, I'm a pianist, guitarist, and violinist. I don't have a Jeep so no playing on the trail yet. Once I get out there, I'd love to join any other musicians and play.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i played trumpet all thru middle school and high school. i have only picked it up a few times since but i do kinda miss it. also play the bass guitar just a tad. never bring that stuff with me on the trail.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I used to play piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums and snare drum. I completely stopped playing instruments now. I don't know why... :idontknow:

Well, I did get a bamboo flute. I try to play it but it's stupid hard to get music to come from it... I think if I can get good enough, that I'll bring the flute with me out on the trails.

Last edited:

jkmohican

Piano. Never played it on the trail but thats a great idea! I shall bring a key board and put it into strings mode and play "The last of the mohicans" as I look upon the forrests of up north Michigan. :thumbup:

pastorwug

I play Trumpet, Coronet, Bassoon, Guitar, Mandolin, and a really mean Kazoo. :thumb:

Mandolins are the same key and fingering as Violins I believe, so if you play the Violin try picking up a Mandolin.

crowrb29

I've played guitar since I was 13. So that makes 11 years now. Been pretty sporadic the last few years though.

Sithwindu

I play anything with strings lol ( except piano and harp ) lol but main instrument is guitar

I mainly play devil worshiping goat sacrificing music, oh and classical as well but I don't think I'd take any of my guitars out on the trail, don't think the guitars would appreciate the weather conditions

Jeeper Jr.

I play Trumpet, Coronet, Bassoon, Guitar, Mandolin, and a really mean Kazoo. :thumb:

Mandolins are the same key and fingering as Violins I believe, so if you play the Violin try picking up a Mandolin.

Yup! Time to get a Mandolin.:rock::rock::rock: I would never have known so thank you!:thumb:

I play anything with strings lol ( except piano and harp ) lol but main instrument is guitar

I mainly play devil worshiping goat sacrificing music, oh and classical as well but I don't think I'd take any of my guitars out on the trail, don't think the guitars would appreciate the weather conditions

Keeping a guitar safe is definitely a concern. I'm thinking a solid case, a dampit and careful packing and judgement (don't pull it out while its raining) will keep a guitar safe on the trail. I might consider having a cheaper guitar for trips and keep a nicer one at home (once I get a nice one).
This forum addresses the issue nicely I think :http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184928

Napalm90

Been playing the drums/ percussion since I was 6 yrs old... I'm 23 now to. Do the math... I have a bongo drum that i could bring wit me on trails, maybe a tambourine and some shakers for everyone else. Hahaha. My drumset does not fit in my jeep, 9 piece set with around 13 cymbals....

Sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

I'll go first, I'm a pianist, guitarist, and violinist. I don't have a Jeep so no playing on the trail yet. Once I get out there, I'd love to join any other musicians and play.

Just saw your profile. That's pretty funny
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399775206.955251.jpg . Hope you join the group soon

--rccrwlr

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I played in a band for over 20 years slutting the so cal nightclub scene. I usually don’t have the room for a guitar in the jeep. I heard ramin plays a mean upright organ while JeepFan blows on a skin flute! :cheesy:

JeepFan

Hooked
I played in a band for over 20 years slutting the so cal nightclub scene. I usually don’t have the room for a guitar in the jeep. I heard ramin plays a mean upright organ while JeepFan blows on a skin flute! :cheesy:

:grayno: Don has a secret! :cheesy:

20140308_010858000_iOS.jpg

Top Bottom