Fender and bumper mod done on the cheap

C.Whitney

Did the bumper and fender mod this week don't have the money for new bumpers and fenders so this works for now. Thanks Wayalife for the great fender write up you saved me a ton a cash two toddlers limit what Im able to put into the Jk but Im a marine engineer and we can't leave anything alone thanks again

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120815_153839.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_153839.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 241
  • ForumRunner_20120815_153912.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_153912.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 236
  • ForumRunner_20120815_153941.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_153941.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 241
  • ForumRunner_20120815_154006.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_154006.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 247

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wow!! that came out clean!! looks real nice with the color matched flares - great job :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think the chopped color matched fenders look amazing.

And that's one of the best front bumper chops I've seen.

Well done!

Last edited:

C.Whitney

MTG said:
I think the chopped color matched fenders look amazing.

And that's one of the best front bumper chops I've seen.

Week done!

Thankyou...It will have to do the job till I can put new bumpers on

C.Whitney

JandSJK said:
The fenders look great. Haven't really seen many color match chops yours do really look great.

I definitely a little nervous doing it because of the color but Im really happy with the way they came out thankyou

jktubby

i have been itching to do this to my jeep, but i think it might look a little weird being that i am stock.:rolleyes2:
What did you use for the front bumper on the end caps

C.Whitney

jktubby said:
i have been itching to do this to my jeep, but i think it might look a little weird being that i am stock.:rolleyes2:
What did you use for the front bumper on the end caps

Rough Country has metal powder coated end caps that I used

Vudoo1

Looks great man!

Did you use a dremel like the write-up advises? Some people have been telling me to use other tools which I don't have so I'd have to buy one or the other. Nothing bad happen with the paint on the fenders? Some have advised me to cut in the middle of the painters tape but I was just going to follow Eddie's write-up since the other write-ups haven't lead me wrong.

C.Whitney

buddyhydro said:
Looks great man!

Did you use a dremel like the write-up advises? Some people have been telling me to use other tools which I don't have so I'd have to buy one or the other. Nothing bad happen with the paint on the fenders? Some have advised me to cut in the middle of the painters tape but I was just going to follow Eddie's write-up since the other write-ups haven't lead me wrong.

I followed the write up till my dremel over heated. Believe it or not I was able to use a saws all with a metal blade. I had to use the bench vise to hold the fender while cutting because the saws all is not the best tool to use but I was still able to make clean straight cuts somehow call it luck. And I had no damage to the paint

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I followed the write up till my dremel over heated. Believe it or not I was able to use a saws all with a metal blade. I had to use the bench vise to hold the fender while cutting because the saws all is not the best tool to use but I was still able to make clean straight cuts somehow call it luck. And I had no damage to the paint

LOL!! no way, a sawzall?! i've done this with a jigsaw and metal blade before and that was hard enough. you've got some steady hands my friend :thumb:

C.Whitney

wayoflife said:
LOL!! no way, a sawzall?! i've done this with a jigsaw and metal blade before and that was hard enough. you've got some steady hands my friend :thumb:

I can't say I don't have plenty of practice with the saw but I promise I was sweating all the way through it

JKsix

That is a good looking jeep. Where abouts in Washington are you from? I'm originally from Oregon

matt1171

Me too...

I did the exact same mods at the beginning of the summer. I was nervous with the color matched fenders but really like the way they turned out. And the rough country bumper mod looks sooooo much better than stock and only $60. Much cheaper than a new bumper. Now I just need my tires to wear down so I can justify buying bigger ones!!

599970_4086352874775_1754670291_n.jpg

Top Bottom