Two Horns??

big rick

Does the Wrangler have 2 horns? Forgive me for this probably dumb question but I was looking to replace my horn and was looking at the fuse replacement and there are fuses for "the left horn and the right horn". I looked and could only find the one behind the driver side head light...is there another one? Please help this newbie...thanks.

Big Rick

MICP3309

Depends on what year your jeep is, the 2012+ have two. One behind the dr headlight, the other on the dr side by the firewall

big rick

I was hoping for two...that one behind the headlight is gonna be hard to get at. Especially with my fat fingers...:D

jims68

Depends on the model and if there is the extra wire for a second horn. There are almost 20 different harnesses per year for all models. That is why you need your VIN # to replace one. Look on the harness where your existing horn is and see if there is an extra wire and connector that looks like one on horn present. Also check behind passenger headlight on same harness. If no extra wire then your harness is not equipped. I would not splice in another wire on existing since it comes from the TIPM, fuse box, from a relay controlled via the CanBus. Maybe you could trace the original back and find another leg on said relay to make it work. I wouldn't mess with the TIPM! There are six plus layers of circuit boards in the TIPM and the fusses, relays on top of $300 + if you wreck it and a chance at having dealer marry this module to the CanBus if it doesn't come to life on its own! I don't like my Sally horn either and was thinking of putting in a RoadRunner Beep Beep horn the Chinese make copy's of. Had one in my Hydrostream boat that attracted attention! But then it was yellow!

AC/DC

I used Cadillac Deville horns, cheap at the junk yard. Free if you fit then in your tool bag. Lol. They have 4 horns I used 2. Sound great and load. Don't forget the plugs and 4in of wiring.
I used a relay off the stock horn, and left it plugged in too.

Top Bottom