Girlfriend wants a TJ or LJ

Jersey_Devil

So my girlfriend has been telling me how she likes the TJs and really wants one. I was looking online at auto trader and was a lil surprised at the cost of some of them. What's a good price for ur "average" TJ/LJ? I know this is a very broad question but I was seeing ones with over 200k on the odometer for $7000 and 150k for around $15,000. Are those about average prices? I thought they would be around 6 grand for one with about 150k miles. Again I know it's a hard question to answer cuz every vehicle will have its own thing wrong with it or better with it than others but I'm just trying to see if these are good prices or is my area just sky rocketing prices! Lol thanks in advance!

Sent from my obama monitoring device

David1tontj

Tell her she can have my 2005 with 6 cyl, 95,000 miles and a couple mods for $23,000

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Last edited:

JKFlyer

All depends on what's done to it

4.0 vs smaller engine....

I bought a pretty much stock 4.0 tj with 105k for 7 and built it up and sold for 11 with 110k miles. Broke even in the end

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jersey_Devil

Yeah we're gonna do some shopping around, see what kind of desks we can find. She wants it stock so she can do it how she wants it

Hellfire

Just look around, it may take awhile. I got mine for 9k with 90k miles, inline 6 cyl. 35 inch tires, warn winch, aftermarket bumpers, rock rails, arb lockers, on-board air, rino lined interior, etc...trade off was the paint wasn't perfect & a few body dents but for what I do, its going to get dirty, muddy & drive through brush / weeds. I'll have it re-painted later when I want it to look clean like a JK :D

Jersey_Devil

Just look around, it may take awhile. I got mine for 9k with 90k miles, inline 6 cyl. 35 inch tires, warn winch, aftermarket bumpers, rock rails, arb lockers, on-board air, rino lined interior, etc...trade off was the paint wasn't perfect & a few body dents but for what I do, its going to get dirty, muddy & drive through brush / weeds. I'll have it re-painted later when I want it to look clean like a JK :D

That's what I'm hoping to find for her! Something along those lines. She wants stock but I doubt she'd argue! Lol

It has not already been states but depending on your location will decide the price. I will look around NE Florida to see what is out there. I might be worth a long weekend to travel down.

R/
Will

Jersey_Devil

It has not already been states but depending on your location will decide the price. I will look around NE Florida to see what is out there. I might be worth a long weekend to travel down.

R/
Will

Her father lives in Florida, maybe we could do that:thumbup:

fdapro1

I had an 06 TJ/LJ for a year and upgraded to a 2013 JK. Look out for tranny issues, the auto 42RLE tranny has notorious shifting issues. I had 80K on it and spent $3000 trying to diagnose it.
Search the forums and you will find many issues. I'm not trying to sway you away from it, but I wish I knew before I bought it.
BTW, I love my JK!

Jersey_Devil

Rotted frame.....and some crappy welds trying to fix rot too....

Sent from my N810 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom