Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Soft Top Questions

jkjurny

Was reading in another thread of people buying soft tops on crags list, and I wanted to go this route.

I bought my JK with the hard top only. What additional hardware if any would I need to install a used soft top? I've read that there is some bar that you need near the tailgate. Not sure if there is other hardware I'm missing.

Finally, what years are compatible? Can I use a 2008 soft top on my 2012? Thanks!

davantalus

The easiest thing to forget are the two brackets that bolt to you roll cage under the padding flaps. The top assembly screws onto these brackets.

Second is the two plastic clips for the back tailgate bar.

After that you'll need the 'surrounds' the consist of plastic bracketry. Two to a side iirc. Then six plastic hand bolts...

Top itself and three windows.

Am I forgetting anything?

TheStick

If you are getting all the hardware for the top, any top will fit. The door surrounds and the way the top connected to them changed in '10 or '11 (sure someone here will know which one).

I would try and focus on the newer version of this. It's a lot better design.

JAGS

Hooked
^^ Will fit, but do some research. I think 2008 has the old header which had issues with leaking and win noise. You might be able to buy a replacement header??? I think the new header is in the 2009s +.

- Jason

Top Bottom